30| Makeup

"Chalo, tumhare room main," Avi said, and they went to Ania's room.

"Bhaiyu, please thora sa" she said and Avi shook his head.

"Kidhar reh gaye ho, aa bhe jao" Aarav entered the room.

"Ise dekho, makeup karne ka bol rahi hai" Avi said to Aarav, and he glared at her.

"Apka karoon?" she asked.

"Bhaiya ka karo, jao" he chuckled, and she shot him a glare which was much more of a pout

Flashback

It was a Friday afternoon. Nisha was busy watching a TV show, and Mahesh was in the office.

Aarav and Avinash were swimming as it was summers. An 11-year-old Ania went to the poolside to pick her colored pencils, as she had been coloring there a few hours back. She saw Avi and Aarav swimming, so she jumped into the pool all excited, even though she didn't know how to swim. She was sure that Aarav and Avi would catch her, and they did. After 15 minutes of playing in the water, Aarav told her to go and change. She came out of the pool, her clothes all wet, not even taking the towel from the side, she straight went to the lounge, all soaked in water.

She saw Rahul coming from upstairs and her eyes sparked with mischief. She ran towards him and hugged him tightly, making his clothes all wet. At first, he didn't understand what happened, but within seconds, his mind clicked.

"Ania!" He almost yelled, and she bit her tongue.

"Baba ne office bulaya tha mujhe, woh bhi adhe ghante mein ! Main pehle he late ho raha hoon, upar se mere sare kapre geelay kar diye hain" he said, irritated and she pulled back.

"Main hug kar rahi thi" she pouted.

"Pata hai mujhe kitna pyaar aa raha tha tumhe" he said and left to change his clothes.

He didn't have time to deal with her because his father would chew him alive for being late.

Nisha took Ania to her room and gave her clothes. Ania took a shower and changed her clothes.

It was evening now, and everyone was busy. Avi came to their place as it was the weekend, so he was going to stay here for two days. Aarav and Avi were both in Avi's room doing something on the laptop.

Rahul and Mahesh just returned from the office, and Nisha was busy in the kitchen. Ania was getting hella bored. She hated being the only daughter , she didn't even have any company. All her brothers were older than her, and they would get irritated if she tried to understand what they were doing.

She went to Rahul's room only to find him asleep in a sitting position on the bed. His legs were down ,he was still in formals along with shoes, and his head was resting on the bedpost. He was too tired that he was just resting a little and ended up dozing off.

Ania saw him and immediately went to her room and brought her "Frozen" makeup kit which her baba got for her from the UK. She loved to do makeup, but her mother doesn't allow her, so he got her a kids makeup kit, and she was the happiest person on earth.

She looked at Rahul and then took out the blush and applied it on his cheeks, making him a clown. Then she took out the eyeshadow palette and did his eyes. At last, she took out the lipstick and lip gloss, but as she was applying lipstick while giggling and Rahul woke up and looked at her confused.

"Kia kar rahi Ho Anu?" He asked and then saw her makeup kit and lipstick in her tiny hands.

"Ania, I swear agar tumne mere makeup Kia hai na toh I won't leave you" he got up and moved towards the dressing table, and Ania immediately ran out of the room screaming, and he followed her.