39| Dia Khurana

Aditya parked his car outside Dia's house and called her.

"Bahir aao, I'm waiting" he said as she answered the call.

"Aise? Abhi?" she asked, her eyes wide with surprise.

"Toh kaise aur kab?" he countered.

"Wait karo, thori der aati hoon. Pehle batana chahiye tha na?" she replied.

"Pehle bolta toh mana kar deti. Ab jaldi aao, I'm waiting" he said, hanging up.

Dia quickly changed into casual yet decent clothes.

"Viyaan, mama ka khayal rakhna, main aati hoon thori der main" she shouted from her room while slipping on her sandals.

"Ap kahan ja rahi hain? Abhi thori der pehle toh aayi thi" Avyaan asked, coming into her room.

"Adi khara hai bahar. Aati hoon thori der main" she replied, heading out.

"Oh okay jain jain" he said, gesturing towards the door. She gave him a playful tap on the head which made him laugh.

"Uff Adi, itni jaldi main aayi hoon main" she said as she got into the car.

"Arey, aaram se sans toh le lo. Mili baad main ho shuru Pehle hogayi ho" he chuckled, and she shook her head.

"Coffee?" Aditya asked, reversing the car.

"Yes please bhot thaki hui hoon" she replied.

"As you wish" he replied taking a turn

They headed to their favorite cafe a cozy place with a cute seating area and dim lighting.

Aditya ordered two coffees and a panini for Dia. They talked about her mother's condition, which had stabilized, and how life had returned to normal.

"Tum batao, how's everyone?" Dia asked after updating him.

"Everyone is good. Avi joined office aur kuch khaas nahi" Aditya replied.

"How's uncle? How's aunty?" Dia asked.

"Mama baba bhi theek hain. In fact mama was asking about you a few days back" he responded.

"Main aaongi milne" she said with a smile.

"Ania bhi puch rahi thi, bohot" Aditya said

"Avyaan bhi milne ka keh raha tha, aao gi kisi din" Dia replied as their order arrived.

They enjoyed their coffee, talked some more, and then Aditya dropped her back home.

---

Ania was lying on her bed when she heard a knock at her door. she quickly wiped her tears.

"Ji" she managed to say.

"Anu aajao, khana lagne wala hai" Avi called out as he entered her room. She nodded.

"Ap jao main aati hoon" she said, and he left.

She washed her face in the bathroom and went downstairs. Rahul was sitting at the dining table, engaged in conversation with Raghav. Ania sat next to Rahul.

"Soo gayi thi?" Rahul asked, noticing her tired appearance. She shook her head.

"Aditya nahi aaya abhi tak?" Raghav asked.

"Kisi kaam se gaye hain. Aate honge. Abhi call aayi thi, keh rahe the raste main hain" Rahul replied.

Raghav nodded and went outside to make a call.

"Kya hua?" Rahul asked Ania.

"Neend aa rahi hai mujhe" she said leaning on his shoulder.

"Khana kha lo, phir so jana" Rahul said caressing her hair which felt damp.