Chapter 23

The alarm goes off and Zander wakes Cade up. Cade turns over and kisses Zander. Zander just holds him. They break apart and they get up. They walk to the bathroom and take turns using the bathroom. They walk out and slide a shirt on. Zander starts making breakfast. They are doing toast and orange juice this morning. He plates everything and Cade sits with him. They eat and talk.

(Z) Are you ready for today?

(C) Yeah.

(Z) We have to work this afternoon.

(C) What are we doing?

(Z) We are working on an apartment on the first floor.

(C) Ok.

(Z) It is three bedrooms. It will take us a little bit to get this one done.

(C) What are we doing first?

(Z) I think we are going to pull the carpet up in the three bedrooms. Then we are going to start paining before we put the new carpet down. I spoke with Avery, and he thinks we could get all the carpet up and finish painting one of the rooms.

(C) How long are we working?

(Z) We will work three and a half hours.

(C) I think we can do more than that.

(Z) We will try. We also want to make sure it's perfect and we do it correctly.

(C) Yes sir.

(Z) Are you done eating?

(C) Yes.

(Z) I will clean up and you pick out us some clothes.

(C) Ok.

Zander washes the dishes and Cade gets them some clothes ready. Zander walks over and they get dressed. The boys get dressed and they get their back packs. They close the door, and they head down. They meet Otto and the three boys walk to school. They get there and they go to their lockers. They head to the first periods. Cade didn't see Cruz this morning. He must have been running later. Otto and Cruz sit down, and they start their first period. The class ends and they go to the library. Cade has three people today. He helps them and he goes and puts books away. Cruz walks in and sees Cade. He walks over and pulls Cade aside. He does not look great. Cade(C) and Cruz(Cr) will talk.

(C) Are you ok?

(Cr) No my stomach hurts.

(C) Did you call your mom?

(Cr) Not yet. I don't want her to get mad.

(C) Call her.

Cruz calls his mom and explains what is going on. She tells him to leave school and go to the emergency room. He agrees and hangs up the phone. Cade goes with him. He texts Zander to let him know. They both check out and they head to the er. Zander tries to call but they are pulling in. Cade forwards the call, and they go in. They go to the desk and Cruz signs in. They sit down and they get called back. Cruz's blood pressure is up, and he has a fever. They lead the boys back to a room. A nurse walks in and he is nice. He says they are going to do some x-rays and a cat scan. They are also going to do an ultrasound of his tummy.

The nurse hands him a gown and tells him to strip down to his boxers and just tie the gown. Cruz nods and the nurse walks out. Cade helps Cruz put the gown on and he puts the clothes in a bag. He puts in by the chair and Cade sits down. They come back in and start an iv and they draw blood. They come in and take Cruz out twice and then they bring him back and Cade sits on the bed with him. They walk in to do the ultrasound of his stomach. They finish everything up and they sit and wait. The doctor walks in and talks with the boys. He informs them that Cruz will need a small surgery. They push some pain medicine, and they wait for a room to admit Cruz too. They will do the surgery the following morning. Cade calls Alice and explains everything. She leaves work immediately and she is heading towards the hospital. They come and up and move the boys to a room.