𝐛𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧?

"𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐈 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐒!" miss woodsy exclaimed as all of the students sat down to watch the basketball team play.

"give it up for the hartley high ibis!" miss woodsy yelled.

suddenly, the school mascott began running through the basketball court with a green trash can, banging a stick against it repeatedly.

"its a fucking bin chicken!" missy yelled with a grin besides maggie.

"that's surprisingly not the strangest thing i've seen in my life." maggie giggled.

"the strangest thing you've ever seen is my grandma aggie naked after a spray tan." missy giggled as maggies eyes widened at the memory.

"she had a third nipple!" maggie grinned, yelling over all of the cheering around her.

"exactly!" missy laughed.

"fuck me. that was a laugh." maggies laughter died down as headmistress woodsy began talking into the microphone.

miss woodsy began once again, "just uh, before we kick off, its time to announce the winner of the little clean up competition we had here at hartley high. not that it needed cleaning up or anything like that, just a little friendly-"

missy cut her off, "cut to the chase!"

"okay, thank you quinni. uhm, so the winner of the playstation giftvoucher is..."

"please say quinni." maggie muttered.

"jinny pilcher!" woodsy announced.

"the fuck?" missy grimaced, looking towards jinny at the front.

"thats bullshit. quinni deserved that gift voucher more than anyone." maggie spoke.

"and uhm, thank you everybody for doing their bit. okay! lets hear it, for the teams!" woodsy announced.

just then, spencer, ant and their following team ran out and the room simultaneously erupted in loud cheers along with maggie and missy who were clapping their arses off in support.

maggie spotted malakai in the crowd, and she took note of how stressed and out of it he looked.

"malakai looks rough." missy spoke, watching him as he paced back and fourth in the crowd of his team.

"i know. im worried about him." maggie spoke.

missy hesitated before speaking, concerned that she might hit a nerve. "is everything okay with you? since like...the break up and what not."

maggie turned to her, chewing on the popcorn in her mouth and using that to buy time on what to say. she had succesfully avoided talking about the matter until now.

usually, when maggie was hurt by something she would shut down and not talk about it until someone set off the silent bomb inside of her and everything exploded. missy knew that and thought it would be healthier talking about it rather than bottling it up, and she constantly reminded her best friend of that. although old habitats cant be swept under the rug that easily.

"yeah. im fine." maggie spoke, smiling weakly as she broke eye contact with her best friend instantly and pretended to watch the game.

missy stared at her with a soft expression, knowing that if she pushed any further it would just be like rubbing salt in maggies wounds, so she decided to leave it.

the game began.

the boys began to swoop back and forth along the court and maggie watched intently at the boys concentrated faces, nothing except basketball could shut them all up.