𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞?

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐑." maggie asked amerie as she approached her, darren and quinni.

"sure, whats up?" amerie responded as all of the attention was now on the blonde and she felt under pressure.

"uh, sorry to interrupt guys just give me two seconds." maggie smiled sweetly as she pulled on ameries arm gently, tugging her to one side.

ameries eyebrows drew together, "are you okay? whats going on?"

"yeah everythings good. its nothing major its just that in two days im going through...a sort of procedure. and since im under 18 the hospital wont release me by myself if im under the influence of an anaesthetic. so i need someone to pick me up and literally no one is free."

"oh, im so sorry but im actually-"

maggie exhaled, beggining to get annoyed at the fact that everyone had busy schedules and she was running out of options. "forget it. its fine."

ameries expression softened, noticing the girls irritated state. "oh. well why are you having a procedure? are you okay? whats going on?"

maggie smiled weakly. "uh, its nothing. honestly it doesnt even matter." she finished, avoiding eye contact with the girl infront of her as she felt herself begin to break down inside. she felt alone, like she had no one to rely on.

amerie stepped forwards, taking note of the blonde girls uspet expression. "maggs, is everything okay? you seem out of it."

"yeah. im fine." maggie responded.

"are you sure?" amerie inquired, tilting her head and rubbing the blondes arm.

maggie exhaled deeply, letting out a breath that she didnt even know she was holding. "yeah. its just, i only have one more person left to ask and i dont know where things stand between me and them."

"you mean malakai?" amerie perked an eyebrow.

"how'd you know?" maggies eyes widended and her mouth hung open.

amerie giggled, "its obvious my love. listen, he for sure still cares about you. and even you guys arent dating anymore he would still go to the ends of the earth to be there for you in your time of need."

"i guess. i would ask someone else if i could but im not close enough with anyone else. i mean, me and malakai arent exactly close right now but i still trust him." the blonde shrugged, looking down at her nails as she picked at them.

"just go ask him babe." amerie told her.

"thanks ams."

"oh, by the way im having a small get together at mine tonight. you should come. it was darren that peer pressured me into it but im looking forward to it now." the brunette informed her.

"uh, yeah sure. i'll see if i can swing by." maggie spoke kindly.

"bring booze." amerie grinned, comfortingly stroking the girls arm before wandering back off towards quinni and darren.

maggie bit her lip anxiously, banging her head on the brick wall behind her and her smile faded away as she thought about the awkward interaction that she was about to have with a certain someone.

❦❦❦

maggie wandered the halls, procrastinating her decision and in her head over and over again as she replayed what she was planning to say over and over again.

she paced up and down a small portion of the hallway, biting her nails anxiously as she did so.

she knew what class malakai had. english. and she asked her teacher if she could leave 5 minutes early go to a dentist appointment, although really she was waiting outside of malakais class so that she could catch him.