letter 5

Hey Dani.

I broke the pact with you too, didn't I? I'm sorry for hurting people like you and Rachel and Luke that I care about deeply but it couldn't have gone any other way.

Would you want me to continue my suffering, or end it for the better of everyone else?

I'm not sorry your creepy cousin thought me and him were dating and I'm not sorry you had the heart to apologize for him because you are one of my best friends an I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough.

I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to stay clean.

I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to tell you goodbye in person.

But you have been ignoring me for quite some time for a reason that I cannot name because my mind has not settled on which part of me you decided to join in on hating. I started cutting with a blade and you acted like you didn't care that I wasn't clean anymore for the 20 hours that I was. You didn't act like it was a big deal.

It's okay. I didn't think I was a big deal either. Sorry you had to put up with me or the time that you did.

I can't write anymore evaluate my mind is swirling with ideas of things I could say but I just don't have the heart and I can't put into words how grateful I was for our short friendship.

Don't forget in yourself, gorgeous. I love you.

Forever Gone,
Britt