why the pain my love?

Just as wen chao exited two guards are entered and stood at the entrance. Wei ying wondered why they are standing like a statue but his wonder turned into terror when he saw two ferocious creatures entering the room with hungry eyes. Wei ying immediately trembled. Of course he is a strong cultivater but trauma is no joke folks. The dogs were almost started to attack wei ying. Wei ying dodged their bites and fought back although he is trembling badly. "yun'er!! Save me yun'er! Xie yun will save his xian xian! Xie yun! Xie yun! Yun'er" wei ying kept mumbling while throwing his arms and legs aimlessly in an attempt of escaping the bites. Luckily wen qing came secretly and shot the dogs with needles. Wei ying was too startled to move. She whispered to him which brought him out of his trance. "here, take these herbs abd apply it on your wound. It may help" she extended her hand which held some herbs. He took it with his trembling hands. She also gave him some congee. Then she left silently. Wei ying felt grateful towards her.

The next day:
Everyone assembled as usual. Jiang cheng and lan zhan were the most anxious. Jiang cheng rolleed his eyes at every little thing while lan zhan clenched his fist. Then wei ying came with his usual bright smile. Bu the wounds can be clearly seen on his hands and face. He looked at lan zhan and winked. He then headed towards jiang cheng. "a'cheng i am hungry!!" "here" jiang cheng tossed him a steamed bun. "what did they do to you?" jiang cheng asked casually but of one notice they can see the worry hidden behind those words. "nothing. Those bastards are not that much worth. Just a nick here and there" wei ying dismissed with his usual smile.

"ah everyone is here. So people, today i have a task for you. As you may all have heard there is a cave where lives a magnificent immortal creature named xianyu. We will be heading there. Everyone will pay heed to my orders I hope" wen chao said with sickening sweet smile but they know it's a warning. They had no choice but to follow him.

Wei ying's pov :
That bastard!! Just wait you wen fucking chao! Your end will be horrible. While i was cursing that Damn wen a sweet yet cold voice touched my ears. "fine?" huh it's lan zhan. Yay my lan zhan spoke to me but wait what do you mean by fine?? Is he asking me for fine? "lan zhan can you please elaborate??"

"..."

"????"

".........are you fine?"

Author's pov:

Lan zhan asked in a small voice. The tip of his ear turned red. While wei ying was grinning from ear to ear. His lan zhan cared for him!!!!!. "oh no i am very hurt lan zhan!!" wei ying said with a pout while holding his face. Lan zhan looked really worried at this point. He kept looking at wei ying as if asking ih he could help in any way. "lan zhan you how about you kiss it away??" lan zhan widened his eyes. "shameless" he went away.
Wei ying followed behind him. "lan zhan why don't you just admit you like me!!" "i don't" lam zhan answered in his monotonous voice. "ouch! That hurts lan zhan! Hey are you ignoring me?" lan zhan suddenly stopped and looked at him. Seriousness can be seen on his eyes as it hid the pain behind it. "young master wei" lan zan called. Wei ying felt as if his heart has been pierced by a thousand needles. it's the first time lan zhan addressed him formally. But he answered however. "yes!" but his remaining happiness, hope or whatever it is crushed when he heard the next words. "that night..... It's an accident. Please stay away." it's the first time lan zhan speaked more than three words but wei ying wished he never spoke those words. What an irony. He always wished to hear him speak more but this is not the words he wanted to hear. "l..lan zhan what happened! If something's wrong please tell me. You know we can talk it out. Lan zhan..... Please" he don't know why but his eyes are getting misty. "i am sorry" lan zhan said amd went away. Wei ying crumbled but he quickly composed himself. Just because lan zhan said doesn't mean he is going to give up. He will love him and make him love him back too. Afterall he strongly believes love is everything about giving. So he is going give it all in him.