Chapter 42

"I'm glad you're here, Mr Kim." he said greeted me.

"Im sorry Sir, if I kept you waited." I said apologizing although I'm not late but he arrived early.

"No. No. It's just happened that I arrived so early than you. Have a seat." he pointed the chair in front of him.

I looked around. The restaurant is so cozy, no doubt it's expensive. There are men in uniformed not so far from us. Maybe they are his bodyguards.

"Can we order food now?" he asked.

"Y-yes Sir."

He called the server and ordered food for us. I let him do that since I have no intention to go full my tummy. I'm just here to know what he wants from me.
After the server gone. He looked at me seriously.

"Mr Kim, you know I'm not here to just have dinner with you."

"Yes Sir. I know."

"What do you want from my son?" he asked straight to me.

"Nothing Sir."

"Don't make a joke, Mr Kim. I encounter many like you before."

"And what did you do before Sir? Planned to sway me with big amount? Buy me a house? A car?" I asked him sarcastically.

"Then tell me what you want."

"I already told you Sir, I don't need anything from you."

He smirked devilish. "I help you to decide..." he said and put a check in table with a big amount on in.

As I expected like villain parent in the movie.

Instead of being humiliated, I smile. "Do you want me to have that and just run away, Sir?"

"Yes, of course." he said proudly.

"Look Master Kang, I worked all my life to sustain my needs. I don't need any support from your family. I can live my life on my own."

"Then leave my son, while you have a time to do so. You don't know what you're into Mr Kim."

"Do you think the CEO will spare me if I run now?"

"I will help you. I'll give you a place to hide." he tried to convinced me.

"Master, you don't understand. I've seen and experienced enough danger. Although I hated it but I had to accept it because I love Duri. I don't need any position in your organization because I'm contented in Duri's side. And I don't need your money either because Duri is enough for me. Just him without his power and assets. And if you are generous enough Sir, please just give me your son, I'm not that rich but I assure you I can feed him every day of his life."

"You're crazy!" he said in disbelief.

"That's the reason why Duri love me." I said proudly.

"You're right babe." Duri suddenly speak in my back.

"CEO what are you doing here?" I asked in disappointment. I told him to just wait for me in the car.

"I got bored waiting for you babe. Are you done here?" he said ignoring his father presence.

"We are just about to start our food."

"Good. I'm also hungry now. Can I share with your plate babe?"

"Sure."

"Shameless." I heard master said.

"Look, CEO." I wave the check in front of Duri. "Master offered me a big amount." I said to Duri while looking the master.

"Really? What would you do now?" Duri asked while giving me a puppy eyes.

"Of course I will accept it." I said and keep the check in my pocket. "This is good enough to do some charity work CEO." I said not bothering.

Duri laugh.

"No wonder, my son kept you. You are such a clever and fearless man." the master said and sighed.