PROLOGUE

Bismillahir rahmanir rahim

INSTANBUL, TURKEY

August 27th, which was two weeks ago, was supposed to be the happiest day of her life and it was until everything came crashing down. She was supposed to get married on that same day and that too to the love of her life, Sa'eed Sa'ad Mato. Happiness was an understatement to what she felt on that day, she felt like the luckiest woman to ever grace the face of earth, after all she was getting married to the love of her life. They had dated for 4 years before they decided to make it official.

Sa'eed Sa'ad Mato, a scion of the affluent Mato family, boasted a wealth that afforded him a life of luxury. His family's fortune, built on shrewd business deals and strategic investments, provided him with a lavish lifestyle. He indulged in the finest things, from exotic cars to opulent vacations, flaunting his wealth with an air of entitlement.

However, beneath the veneer of sophistication and charm, Sa'eed's behaviour raised several red flags. His reckless spending habits, disregard for others' feelings, and a tendency to belittle those he deemed inferior hinted at a deeper character flaw. His temper flared easily, and his words could cut deep, leaving scars on those around him. Despite these warning signs, Hauwa, blinded by her love, chose to overlook them, convincing herself that his good qualities outweighed the bad.

She was right though, his good quality outweighed the bad but what Hauwa's eyes beheld the scene on their wedding day, August 27th, her heart froze, and her love for Sa'eed instantaneously transformed into a burning hatred. The revelation was like a punch to the gut, leaving her winded and reeling. The mask of charm and sophistication had slipped, revealing the true extent of Sa'eed's depravity.

Hauwa's mind raced, replaying every moment she had shared with him, every promise he had made, every lie he had told. Her thoughts swirled with a maelstrom of emotions - anger, betrayal, and disgust. The love she once felt had curdled into a toxic hatred, festering like an open wound.

She couldn't bear the sight of him, his smile now a grotesque mockery, his eyes gleaming with a sinister intent. Every word he spoke was laced with deceit. Hauwa's hatred for Sa'eed became an all-consuming force, driving her to confront the truth she had long denied.

It was what had happened that led her to run away from Nigeria like a coward but she wasn't even ashamed, she needed to fix her broken and battered heart.

                                       Unknown- I'm really sorry Hauwa, please forgive me.

She had blocked his number ever since what happened but he kept calling and messaging her with different numbers, wasn't he the one who caused the wedding to be called off? Then why was he suddenly remorseful?

The prologue is kinda short and I know it has further confused you but don't worry, I will try to update quickly.

Love, Zulayhatub ❤️