01

KADUNA, NIGERIA

Looking back now, Hauwa should have known her destiny had been entwined with Sa'eed the second she slapped him. Yes, she slapped him on their first meeting, their first meeting was only like any other. Hauwa is a ball of fire, a spark plug of energy and intensity, always ready to ignite a flame of passion and controversy. Her personality is a combustible mix of fierce determination, quick wit, and sharp tongue, leaving a trail of scorched earth and intimidated opponents in her wake. With a temper that flares up like a wildfire, Hauwa is a force to be reckoned with, blazing a path through life that's both mesmerising and intimidating. Her fiery spirit is uncontainable, a blazing inferno that burns bright and hot, illuminating her surroundings and casting a warm glow on those she loves.

Sa'eed is a vision of masculine perfection, his chiseled features and piercing gaze leaving a trail of swooning admirers in his wake. His tall, broad-shouldered frame exudes confidence and power, making him a magnet for attention. But beneath the stunning exterior, he's a complex mix of arrogance and vulnerability, used to getting his way with a mere smile or a flutter of his eyelashes.

Yet, when Hauwa's slap connected with his cheek, he was taken aback by her audacity. No one had ever dared to challenge him like that before. As he gazed into her fiery eyes, he felt a strange sense of fascination, his mind reeling with the realisation that this tiny, feisty woman had seen past his charm and called him out on his behavior. Despite himself, he was drawn to her spark, his usual cockiness momentarily stunned into silence. And in that moment, he knew he had to make her his.

The slap was a reflex, an instinctive response to the careless way Sa'eed had bumped into her, sending her favourite purple abaya stained with the contents of her freshly bought smoothie. The vibrant fabric, now sullied by the sticky liquid, seemed to symbolise her ruined day. But what really ignited her fury was Saeed's nonchalant attitude, his complete lack of remorse or apology. Instead, he had the audacity to blame her for the mishap, his condescending tone and smirked smile fueling her anger. The slap was a declaration of her independence, a refusal to be intimidated or disrespected by his entitled behaviour. And as her hand connected with his cheek, Hauwa felt a surge of empowerment, a sense of standing up for herself in a world where men like Sa'eed often got away with their arrogance.

"Mai-Jidda, smile mana." Her best friend Rahma whispered as she painfully nudged her arm, making Hauwa hiss and roll her eyes in exasperation. Hauwa's friends and family still insisted on calling her Mai-Jidda, a name she'd grown to despise as she'd gotten older. She preferred either Hauwa or Jidda, but the nickname Mai-Jidda seemed to be the one that had stuck, no matter how many times she'd asked them to stop. She had graduated with a degree in botany from the Federal University Dutse Jigawa, where she'd met her best friend Rahma Haruna Kakangi, who'd also been a student of botany. Initially, Rahma had given her the cold shoulder, but they'd eventually become close friends in their second year, bonding over their shared love of plants and their similar sense of humour.

Sa'eed kept looking at Hauwa with a smirk, his eyes gleaming with a sense of triumph. Ever since the day he saw her, he had promised himself that he would find her and make her his. He wouldn't shut up about her at home, constantly talking about the girl he had met and how he was determined to make her his. His family had grown tired of his persistent bragging, but Sa'eed couldn't help himself. He was drawn to Hauwa's fiery spirit and determination, and he was determined to win her over.

Finally, after weeks of pestering, Sa'eed's father had relented and called Alhaji Muhammad, Hauwa's father, to arrange for them to come over for dinner. And now, as they sat around the table, Sa'eed's mother noticed the way he and Hauwa had been exchanging eye contact, and she said with a knowing smile, "No wonder my son couldn't shut up about you, you are a very beautiful young lady." Sa'eed whined, "Mama!" in protest, his face flushing with embarrassment, while Hauwa's face flushed with a deep blush, her eyes darting away from his intense gaze.

Hauwa's heart raced as she tried to ignore Sa'eed's piercing stare, but she couldn't help sneaking glances at him. She had been annoyed by his arrogance earlier, but now, as she saw the sincerity in his eyes, she felt her resolve weakening. She didn't want to admit it, but she was drawn to him too, and his persistent pursuit of her was starting to wear her down. As the dinner conversation continued, Hauwa found herself laughing at Sa'eed's jokes and engaging in lively debates with him, their banter sparkling with a chemistry that neither of them could deny.

Hauwa's beauty was radiant, her fair complexion glowing with a soft, ethereal light. Her black eyes sparkled like polished onyx, shining with intelligence and wit. Her features were delicate yet striking, her nose slightly upturned and her lips full and inviting. Though her hair was covered, her graceful neck and defined jawline were visible, framing her heart-shaped face. Her smile was captivating, her full lips curving upwards to reveal a hint of mischief and kindness. Even in modest attire, Hauwa's beauty shone through, her elegance and poise commanding attention without ever appearing immodest. Her very presence seemed to light up the room, her inner beauty and outer grace combining to create a truly stunning young woman.

As the evening drew to a close, Hauwa's family and their guests prepared to depart. Sa'eed, not wanting the night to end, managed to charm Hauwa into sharing her phone number with him, his persuasive smile and twinkling eyes leaving her little room for refusal. Rahma, noticing the exchange, couldn't resist teasing her friend, playfully nudging her and whispering "Mai-Jidda, you're in trouble now!" Hauwa's face flushed with a deep blush, her eyes darting towards Sa'eed, who was grinning triumphantly. As they bid their goodbyes and departed, Rahma continued to pester Hauwa, her jokes and jabs only adding to Hauwa's embarrassment. Despite her best efforts to maintain a stern exterior, Hauwa couldn't help but laugh at her friend's antics, her eyes sparkling with mirth. Little did she know, Sa'eed was already planning his next move, determined to make the most of their newfound connection.

Love is in the air🌚🤍

One chapter down, many more to go insha Allah

This book is fast burn and not slow, I know you have already noticed from the way the main characters have already met in the first chapter.

Please,
Vote,
Comment
And share to friends and families.

Layha🤍