13

Diluc slayed another abyss mage and there was only one more remaining. He walks toward the injured cryo mage as it frantically tries to back away from him, "Wait no! Stop!"

"Stop?" Diluc said as he raise an eyebrow and stare down at the mage beneath him, "Why should I stop? You and the other abyss mages caused chaos in the village nearby. Did you stop when the villagers were begging at your feet for mercy?"

He picked up his claymore and swing it towards the mage until it screams and beg, "Please no! I-I'm sorry! I'll let the others know to not do it ever again."

Diluc stop his claymore mid swing and slams it down next to the mage, causing it to gasp out in fear and shock. Diluc leans in close to the mage and narrow his bright red eyes at it, "You'll tell the other abyss mages? And how will I know that you're not lying to me?"

"I-I swear I'll do it!"

Diluc continues to glare at the mage as if he's trying to spot any lies the mage is hiding beneath its mask. Then the cryo mage managed to restore its power and summon an icicle to throw it at Diluc's face. Diluc quickly dodge out of the way, giving the mage the chance to get up on its feet and teleport away.

Diluc sighed, "As expected..."

But he didn't worry too much about that abyss mage. If it were to appear again, he'll kill it with no hesitation and he won't spare it any of his time to hear it out. Now that Windrise seems to be cleared of any threats, he can finally go back to the Dawn Winery.

The thought of seeing Y/N again excites him. It's night out but it's still not that late so Y/N might still be up and Leonard will be in bed. As much as he loves Leonard and puts him first, he'll like to spend a little more time with Y/N without his son interfering. He finds that whenever they are together alone, they tend to learn more about each other.

As he finish cleaning up his claymore, he begin his journey back to the manor.

_________________________________

Arriving back at the manor, Elzer quickly attend to Diluc, "Young master! You're finally back home. How was it out there?"

Diluc took off his coat and hands it to Elzer, "It's all fine. Is Leonard in bed?"

"I believe so. Lady Y/N insisted that she was the one to put him to sleep. Surprisingly, Leonard managed to sleep well because of her. They seem to have form a great bond so far."

Diluc smile, "That's wonderful news. Do you know where Y/N could be right now?"

"She's currently in her room, the lights are still on so I don't think she's asleep yet."

"Alright thank you for letting me know." Diluc said as he made his way upstair to Y/N's room.

He gently knocked on the door and Y/N opens it for him, "Oh Diluc! You're back already!"

"Yes... I see that you're getting ready for bed right?" He said as he looks at her in her nightgown, "Would you like me to leave you alone?"

"Oh no! I just took a bath. I'm not going to sleep until a few hours later." Y/N opens the door wide for him, "Wanna come in?"

Diluc nods his head and he sat by her table, "I heard from Elzer that you put Leonard to sleep..."

"Y-Yeah.." Y/N sat by the side of her bed, "I figured that Leonard likes it when I read him bedtime stories. He said my voice helps him to fall asleep more easily compared to Elzer."

Diluc chuckled, "He never likes it when Elzer or Adelinde puts him to bed. He probably only like it when his parents do it."

Y/N blushed at the mention of them being parents. It still feels strange to her that she shares a child with Diluc.