Strive 161: Should We Get Started?

Kibishi's POV

We all head back to where the teleporters are to think about the note.

"The path that is hidden. The path that is revealed. Hmm..." Tao started to cross her arms and think about the note's message.

"A path that's hidden. Most likely, it is a path that leads to the weak point for the Cetus. The item of the Cetus." Yosei states.

"If we're going to assume that's the case, about the revealed path? Is it the entrance to the prison here?" Kuma asks while putting her hand in her jacket.

"If that's the case, then this note wouldn't add in the 'revealing' part and just stick with the 'hidden' one. That means that the reveal hasn't been seen as of yet." Tao explains with a calm expression.

"Agreed," I nod, then look at the corner of the cell. "If there were something else in here, I would've picked up from it with my heart."

"But you could've just glanced over it," Jir suggested.

"No," Tao raised her left index finger with a small smile. "I also scan the area, and there's nothing else here. It's only a theory, and we may need to scan out one last time to make sure, but I'm sure that Kishi's heart could've detected anything else within the area. He saw the strings, and it led him here. And not to mention, he knew the exact places to pull the bricks. I highly doubt that he would've missed anything else within the time."

"I suppose, but we can't be too sorry, right? Im not doubting your ability by any means, Kib; I want to make sure we don't leave anything undone, is all."Jir said.

"It's okay; I know my abilities can be iffy sometimes and hard to trust," I said.

"No, I think you did your best." Yosei says as she places her hands on her hips, "Besides, by the looks of things, I doubt there's anything else to look for from within the prison. Let's head back to the surface and continue our search there."

"Oh right, we're in the ocean currently. Scary," Kuma commented.

"It had slipped my mind, too," I say honestly.

"At any rate, let's head back to the teleporter and teleport to the surface area in this layer," Tao suggested while walking toward the teleporter.

"Right," I nod in agreement.

At the entrance of the second layer

Warrppp!!!

We all made it on top of the surface for the second layer.

It's been a while since we were on the surface and out of that river we were in. I have to say, despite feeling more spacious, I don't miss the darkness around the area.

"Hmm..." Yosei looks around.

"..." Jir frowns as she sees the area looking much worse.

"Right," Tao took out the note that I lent her. "We looked under the river and found a prison. So..."

"We need a map of some kind," I suggested.

"Right," Tao nodded. "Like last time when we got one for the second half of the first layer. I'd say a map is hidden where the item is, too." Tao suggested.

"Should I use my heart again?" I asked.

"No, don't do that," Tao says with a severe expression.

"Why?" I tilt my head.

"We can't do that, Ki. I allow the first time because while it was a risk, it was a medium one." Yosei taps her head. "I use my magic to get a glimpse of your heart. It's sort of like a scan but only way weaker. But with my knowledge and study of death and the legends of the grim reapers, I conclude that you won't die by a heart attack with a medium chance. Again, though, it was a risk nonetheless."

"Isn't that risky?" Kuma asked.

"Oh, definitely. Which is why I had a heart attack pill on me just in case that had happened to Ki. I'm no cold-hearted monster." Yosei says as she takes a small pill out of her breast pocket.

"Can't I just-"

"No!" Tao shouted at me with a stern look in her eyes.

"W-what?!" I jump back.

"Can't you see that's dangerous?! You would be no better than a tool following orders from his master!" Tao scolded me.

"I-I...I'm sorry..." I apologize softly.

"*Sigh*" Tao deeply sighs and shakes her head a frown. "No, don't be. You were only trying to help us, Kishi. But please, for heaven's sake, don't be too reckless out here. This place is hazardous, and I don't know what I'll do if you fell out of a heart attack."

"I didn't mean to make you angry..." I whisper in sadness.

"I-I wasn't mad. I just yelled out of frustration and panic, not anger. I shouldn't have yelled out at you since you couldn't handle that so much. I'm sorry, Kishi." Tao apologizes.

"Hey, there's no need to be that way, guys. Even best friends had their moments. Right, Jir?" Kuma says, trying to comfort us, and then look at Jir.

"Yep. I mean, not long ago, I yelled at you and everyone else because of stress, so I get where Tao comes from." Jir said.

"I suppose, for now, we can use this as a learning experience. Say, why don't we all look for the items separately and then meet up back here?" Yosei suggested. "Wait, no. That's not a good idea; we're not in the first layer, so that it could kill all of us. Hmph, maybe we can do it another way."

"Good call," Jir says to Yosei.

"How do we explore this area and find something that could lead to a map or even the item? That way, we'll cover our grounds." Kuma suggested.

"Indeed. It'll also be a great way to prepare as well. Not to mention, we still need to update our super codes and transform them into new ones for the job." Tao says while looking calm.

"Was it a bad idea to suggest that? Tao was mad when I suggested that idea about me using my heart again." I thought while staring into space. I snapped out of it and paid attention again.

"Okay, so we'll search what we can while we have energy and then rest if any of us gets tired," Jir says while putting her hands on her hips.

"And while we're resting, we can use that opportunity to think about our next move," Kuma says with a grin.

"Not to mention updating our supercodes," Tao said.

"Sounds like a plan! Come, everyone! Let's start marching to victory!" Yosei says as she starts to walk forward towards the forest.

"I'm not sure if I could-" I shake my head. "No, I can't think that way! Well, I'm not sure myself-"

"Kishi, you're coming?" Tao asks me.

"H-huh?! Yeah, I-I'm coming!" I say with a shaky voice.

Step! Step! Step!

I quickly ran since the other seemed to be further ahead already. Jeez, I guess I let things go in my head, huh?

To Be Continued...