Strive 169: Worth Fighting For!

Kujira's POV

10 Years Ago...

Thunder! Thunder!

It was pouring that night. I was standing in front of a few graves. Nothing was worth it in my mind back then.

I slowly turn around with my now wet green hair covering my eyes. I slowly walk to whatever the road will take me. I looked to my left and saw dead bodies, and to my right, it was the same thing.

At this point,

I had gotten used to the body piling up in front of me.

"I...I don't want to die..." I softly spoke to myself. "I don't want to die. I don't want to die...."

Step! Step!

I felt my head hurting from starving myself. It's been five days since I ate something. All I had ever eaten was some corpses from a few dead animals, but I stopped myself from eating humans despite them looking tasty. I might be so hungry that I thought of it that way.

I suppose that makes me not scared or crying at this point. I'm too hungry to worry about anything else right now.

I don't know where I am or where I'm heading now.

I'm just walking alone in this dark world. I heard a few people talking about these creatures taking them as prisoners and doing whatever they wanted the humans. I'm not sure if I understand what they meant, though.

At any rate,

I need some food. I'm tired of eating corpses.

I don't understand why they taste so good. It's disgusting, but I have been eating too many of them these days. It's almost as if I'm a wild animal.

A few hours later...

I was near a dumpster eating a dead cat.

There's no proper food here, so I killed the cat to gain something to eat.

"*Munch* *munch*" I have been biting this Cat's head, and I finally reached it's brain. I dig my index finger into the brain and take out a piece of it before munching on it wildly.

I felt the blood dripping off of my face.

I can see what I'm doing is wrong, but I'm starving. I haven't eaten in days. I had no choice.

An hour later...

I drop by a river area to wash myself. I can't believe I did that. I killed a cat because I was starving. I am really a monster. No wonder the small village kick me out...

"Monster. You're...a monster..." I say to myself as I see a reflection of myself.

No matter where you go...you'll always be a monster...

Present...

Fwoosshh!!!

"Cetus flame!" I shouted.

I threw out my left staff as it burst out of flames and shot it towards the monster!

Boom!

I narrow my eyes. "Not good enough! It made the impact lessee by casting a counterspell!" I thought.

Leap! Leap! Leap!

"My head is hurting now. It must be the effects after touching its item. Now, both of us feel the same pain! This must be the Cetus insurance if it's disadvantaged." I thought to myself as I leaped from the boat to the walls. I leap towards the Cetus in anger.