Strive 197: What Are You Up To?

Kujira's POV

Cree...

I open an old door inside of a dark cave. Where, you might ask? Behind the headquarters of our operation, of course.

It was moments ago,

The reason for me being here. The reason for unlocking this door. It was an hour ago...

Flashback...

I sat at the lunch desk with Tao, who seemed to feel better. We had our chat and talked about things in our daily lives.

Not to brag, but things seem to be okay for the most part.

Yesterday was something else, but it wasn't too much for me.

.
..
...
......
.........
.............

Besides...

I have my plans now that Kib and Tao have calmed down.

I have my questions for a certain someone.

Yes.

After lunch, I'm heading straight to Yosei. I narrow my eyes and stare at my cheese sandwich. "I don't know why she did what she did during our mission. But I WILL make Yosei talk." I thought.

Two things were strange during last night's mission.

It was so bazaar that even I questioned Yosei's train of thought at this point. As a fellow magus, Yosei should know I would pick up on a few strange things.

But for right now,

I'll play dumb until the end of the day.

"What's wrong, Jir?" Tao asks out of concern.

"Nothing for you to worry about, Tao." I take a bite of my sandwich and close my eyes. "Now that you and Kib are okay, I think I'll turn in early today."

"Is that so?" Tao tilts her head.

"Yup!" I nod.

"..." Tao gave this worried look.

"What is it?" I ask Tao.

"You find it strange, too? About Yosei's overall actions." Tao says with a calm expression.

"..."

Tao folded her arms. "Yosei herself is a mystery to me. It's like... she's an ally, but at the same time, she's not. If anything, Yosei is hiding things as well. I have to say, for an organization that aims to set humanity free from those monsters, having secrets and not saying anything speaks volumes of their lack of trust for us." Tao bluntly says while taking a sip of her hot tea.

"...Bold of you saying that out loud," I commented with a cold sweat.

"It is what it is. Keeps secrets, and you fall into suspicion. The adults know this, but they don't care. Well, Mato, Kibun, and The Founder, at least." Tao commented.

"..."

I have no say in this. I feel the same way as well. But since the adults are taking care of us, giving us a home, along with some food and water, I have no right to complain at this point in my life. Tao has every right to, though, since she's relatively new.

Ah well,

It is what it is, as Tao mentioned.

"Anyway, I think I'll-"

Pssh!

"Huh?" I shifted my eyes to the corner of the lunch room and saw someone with yellow hair.