CHAPTER 24

"Tilly!" Ezra called out as he rushed towards Estelle. Upon hearing his voice, Estelle turned around and suddenly froze in place.

The image of Ezra running towards her felt strangely familiar, as if it had happened before. A vague image of a girl with an unclear face flashed through Estelle's mind, causing her chest to tighten and an unexplainable urge to cry.

In her thoughts, Estelle saw the girl dancing and singing in a meadow filled with flowers, wearing a wreath on her head under the warm gaze of the sun. Overwhelmed, Estelle placed her hand on her head and chest, noticing her discomfort. Ezra quickly noticed her condition, immediately shielding her and offering support to prevent her from falling.

"Tilly, are you okay?" Ezra asked, concerned. However, Estelle couldn't find her voice amidst the throbbing pain in her head and the questions that raced through her mind. Who was that girl? Why did the mere thought of her elicit such a reaction from Estelle? What was this familiar and longing sensation she couldn't shake off?

Estelle's  chest constricted even more, making it feel like she couldn't breathe. Worried about Estelle's behavior, Ezra sought help from those nearby.
One of them is Zion, he quickly went in Estelle's direction as she completely lost consciousness. Zion lifted Estelle in his arms and carried her to their dormitory, leaving Ezra filled with intense nervousness that she couldn't comprehend. Ezra followed Zion, unable to take her eyes off the unconscious Estelle who seemed unaware of everything.

They promptly called for a healer to examine Estelle's condition and find out why she suddenly fainted. Ezra explained to the doctor, with Zion's help, what had happened. They concluded that Estelle's fainting might be due to extreme exhaustion. The healer advised them to allow Estelle to rest for a few days until she felt better.

After the healer left, Ezra remained beside Estelle, holding her hand. Meanwhile, Zion stood nearby, his arms crossed, with a curious look in his eyes. It seemed like he wanted to ask something, but his pride held him back.

"If you have something to ask, go ahead, Sir," Ezra said, feeling irritated by Zion's intense gaze from behind.

"Did nothing really happen?" Zion asked. This made Ezra pause in her care of Estelle's hand.

"Are you hoping that something happened, Sir?" Ezra replied, clearly annoyed.

"That's not what I meant. I'm just asking because I have my doubts. She seemed fine when I saw her sitting and resting, but when I turned away, something suddenly happened," Zion explained. He couldn't help but wonder why he was explaining himself to a new recruit.

Ezra rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Even I was caught off guard by what happened. I was approaching her when she suddenly held onto her chest and head, turning pale and feeling weak," Ezra explained.

Zion furrowed his brow, deep in thought. He pondered why he was so worried. He realized that something was wrong with him. Irritated, Zion let out a sigh.

"You can stay here with her. I'm going back," Zion informed before leaving the room. Once outside, he paused near the door and muttered to himself, "What the hell is wrong with me?"

(MEANWHILE IN ESTELLE'S UNCONSCIOUSNESS)

Estelle opened her eyes, she was in the middle of a meadow filled with beautiful wild flowers. She looked around and her gaze halted at the sight of a young woman in a white dress, her long hair flowing loosely. The woman's back faced her, but Estelle couldn't recall where she'd seen her before.

Unconsciously, Estelle moved closer to the woman who was busily picking flowers and seemed to be weaving a flower wreath. As she got nearer and nearer, Estelle's heartbeat quickened and she again felt a longing for someone unknown, could it be this woman? But why would she yearn for someone she didn't know?

As she reached behind the woman, about to touch her shoulder to see her face, a wind blew, causing Estelle to slightly cover her face.

"Finally! I finished it~" The woman suddenly said in a happy and innocent tone.

Estelle removed her hand from her face and looked at the woman again, who was now facing her, but she could only see half of her face due to the sun's blinding light directly behind her. She only saw a sweet smile from the woman, holding a flower wreath made of white flowers.  A loud thud resonated in Estelle's chest, she suddenly felt nervous that the woman in front of her might just disappear.

That unexplainable nervousness forced her to extend her hand to touch the woman in front of her, but before she could touch her, it felt like the woman slowly dissolved in the air like flower petals.

Her surroundings suddenly changed as the woman disappeared. One moment she was in a meadow field and the next she was in the middle of cold snow and mountainous landscape.

Estelle heard the fast-paced hooves of a horse approaching her direction. From a distance, she saw snow smoke and behind it was the image of a woman with long, red hair, wrapped in a mantle all over her body, and a sword on her side. As she got nearer, her face became clearer.

When their paths crossed, which was when the horse passed right in front of her, Estelle was fixed on her position when she recognized the woman’s face, her clothes and hands holding the horse’s reins were covered in blood, her facial expression was a mix of extreme fear, nervousness, and anger.

What surprised her more... was that the woman looked like her, except for her extremely red hair.