Chapter 2.5

It took me quite some time and I mean quite some time but ultimately, I got it done and rushed out of the building so fast I felt like flash himself. It felt so great to finally see the streets of Sacramento. That was probably a tad dramatic but everything related to Andrew involved drama. Checking my phone, it hit me that I'd stayed away from the messages app for so long. The tiny icon indicating three new messages stared at me, I already knew who it was bothering me this late at night and for the first time since...well first time ever, I wished it was Andrew. Quickly, I came up with a game plan. I called it Mission Stay Clear Of Any Interactions Until I Have Enough Energy To Provide Him An Appropriate Answer, this was the shortened version of the name.

 Happy with the plan, thoughts of lying in bed with dinner and a movie filled my nearly empty brain and I almost flew home in excitement. As I approached my bed, the love my life, I fell face first into the soft and snug pillows, experiencing heaven on earth for sure. I was this close to falling asleep without changing, having dinner or washing up until my phone starting vibrating, this time it didn't ring, I had put it on silent after what happened at the cafe.

Speaking of cafe, the caller was exactly who I hoped it wasn't. Anyone in my contact list could've called but it just had to be him, especially at this hour, if he really loved me he would've just left a message because that was easier to avoid. It hadn't even been two hours and Mission Stay Clear Of Any Interactions Until I Have Enough Energy To Provide Him An Appropriate Answer already felt impossible. I knew I could do it. I had do. Trying to zone out the vibrating and flashing of the phone, I swiftly slipped off the bed and into the bathroom to freshen up before I lost my mind although that situation was still very likely to occur. 

I came out drying my hair with my favorite towel, trying my best to stay away from my phone for a while. Automatically, my feet led me to the kitchen like always, the only problem was that there was barely any food left, just a few frozen dumplings and raw meat that had been in there for ages. I was saving up to buy my first car and I already spent my spending money for the week so takeout wasn't an option but I definitely did not want to cook right now. 

Just as I was going to give up and grab some fruit, another bell rang. This time, it wasn't my phone but the front door. Hoping James didn't show up to my apartment in desperation, I reluctantly opened the door to find my neighbor there with a glass container. Her name was Penelope, she was really nice and thankfully didn't notice the sigh of relief I released. She smiled, did the general small talk and greeting any neighbors would do and continued to tell me how she made a traditional rice dish from her native country and wanted to share. I swear she is the sweetest. Gladly, my stomach and I accepted the container and thanked her again before wishing her goodnight and wasting no time grabbing a plate. Now this was the peaceful evening I imagined on my way home. Avoiding all my problems with netflix and food was a talent I mastered long ago.