Chapter II

I'm still standing in front of the door with the number three, I'm analyzing it, you could say it's made of good wood I know from the time I've had working with furniture, I have an observant eye for this kind of details, you can also see it's expensive, a very resistant material, it could be mahogany, maybe painted pine, frankly I'm hesitating on whether to enter or not, the only thing missing is that I start counting one by one the splinters it contains, I'm not feeling very I want to do it but it's as if I lacked an impulse, that motivation to discover something new, to obtain new knowledge, I don't know how much time has passed but it's sure that it has been a long time. 

Well now, enough thinking, it's time to act, I'm going to see what's behind the door, at the count of three I take the knob and turn it, at the count of one I have the knob in my hands, two, I hold it tightly and three I open it with a bang, instantly I feel a slight shivering sensation, like a current that runs through my whole body, quite strange so to speak, although having such a monotonous life a little bit of difference can trigger what I feel now. 

Without thinking it over, trying to calm my agitated breathing a little, I take it with strength, perhaps a touch of determination and turn it gently to the left, closing it behind me and thus enter, although after having done so I am aware that I feel a little insecure, I enter stealthily inside, how strange, I focus my gaze well, lest my senses are deceiving me and playing a bad joke, but I am a little stunned and confused.

I am in front of a room, it looks as if it were an apartment, the furniture is a little neglected but strangely the interior is not in ruins, I take a couple more steps and I am surprised to find a couple of people arguing, I quickly place myself behind a sofa, although they can see me because of my legs and arms sticking out, God I'm so smart, he replied to me with an evident sarcasm, while I try to stay as calm as possible, I observe the couple out of the corner of my eye, the discussion intensifies, the girl is crying, she says she wants to go to her mother, he slaps her, says she will never be able to leave this place and throws her hard to the sofa, at this point my heart could come out of my mouth. 

I can't feel my legs, I want to move but I can't, in all that commotion he throws her on top and continues hitting her so hard, he lifts her up and throws her to the floor again, if he could see my face he would surely be with his eyes wide open, I feel that he saw me, I think he is coming for me, I'm here to stay.

It can't be, I'm disconnected, what, I'm stunned, he has literally passed me by the side and has not noticed my presence, I think he was blinded by anger, I'm looking for a logical justification to what is happening but for sure this that has happened so far does not have any logic, I look around me and I notice that I can pass as a ghost.

And without thinking more, then I grab and taking advantage of that, took an impulse to stand up and leave, the girl is lying on the floor with multiple bruises and I could even observe that it also contains one or another wound, but not superficial, these are old wounds, I am about to head towards the exit when suddenly, I stand still, it is as if I hear a baby crying nearby, I cleared the hearing and indeed if that is it, I can not believe that there is one here.

After I was stopped by the small cry of a baby, I am observing in a matter of minutes where it comes from, I cleared my eyes and noticed it, this is about three years old, the man comes quickly from the kitchen with what seems to be a knife, the mother with her last strength tries to protect him and he lunges at her providing large wounds, some very deep, one after another and another, and another, and another time to be a point of being unconscious perhaps by the loss of blood, I was horrified to see such a scene. 

My mind stopped, I could not move, the child however did not stop crying, this cruel human being, without any scruples, looked at the child with a face of fury, I saw what he planned to do and ran to where he was, however I could not do anything, it was as if I did not exist on this plane, I froze, but what was happening to me, but what is wrong with this guy, I look at the situation and what was going to happen next made my head spin, he hit the child and put him in what seemed to be a microwave, he turned it on, and only the inevitable happened, the child exploded, my stomach twisted, I can't believe what I see the blood of both of them all over, his mother and his child in every corner in every side of the room and the psychopath sat smiling, he lit a cigarette looking at what seemed to be his most wonderful work of art, I wanted to vomit, sadness invaded me, anger and impotence I ran through the same door I came in. 

I feel suffocated, after leaving I closed that door very well, I threw myself on the floor, I collapsed, I don't know how much time passed since I stayed there, I just don't want to know anything more about this place, it's disgusting, it's an inexplicable emotion.

It can not be I said to myself after what I witnessed before, that could not have happened, I was in a state of denial as I walked in a straight line, at times I stopped, I did not have much strength to continue standing, it was as if my body did not respond to me, I breathed, I took a break with big breaths of air.

I continued until what I considered to be the exit, about thirty minutes had passed, it is incredible how I lose track of time in this place I said to myself, I turned my head to the left with a look of doubt and concern, this time I was standing in another door, in it was the peculiar number ten, it can not be that I have moved so much or so little, I wanted to confirm going back but ultimately it was not something I wanted to do. 

Still standing in front of the door, I observed it carefully with a serious and defiant face, I was not going to do and it opened from one moment to another, by magic, at this point I do not know what to believe, I hesitated a moment and then I opened it very slowly and space, the light was dim as if it were a house on a cloudy day, I entered doubting, nothing could be worse, but I could not be more wrong, I was cold to see such a scene that was presented before my eyes...