Chapter III

I don't know how long I stayed like a statue watching, I'm already inside, and now what? At this point I do not know what to think about it, but I noticed how a girl of about ten years old was in the furniture, both were one, it was as if the girl herself was part of the furniture, walk very slowly, slowly, trying not to scare the girl, controlling my breathing, I was surprised, if I noticed that she was in the furniture but not to such an extent and in all, definitely all the literal sense of the word. 

I could notice what would be a severe body deformation, I am astonished I have never seen anything like it, the girl has adopted to be part of the furniture, having with her both the posture of it, I heard her parents and the rush to hide made me slip, I fell and I was in shock of what I saw later.

I was lying on the floor feeling such a scene, I noticed what was on the table, in front of it was a kind of picture frame, there was the girl well cared for with the same lady and who seemed to be her father, I say seemed because undoubtedly does not look anything like the man who just entered with the mother. 

The man who entered the room began to yell at her, what a cretin, he called her trash, without a doubt he is an imbecile, who is thankful that she is not his daughter, she is useless, she will never be good for anything, the girl started to cry, to a certain extent I also perhaps identified with the feelings of anger and sadness.

I don't know when mine started to come out equally, I remained without moving, observing a fixed point just listening to what was going on around me, definitely if it is the stepfather, but perhaps his mother can't say anything about it I thought to myself, the lady remained in the same place where she entered without saying a word about it.

Then, as if by magic she was heard, she approached her but not to defend her, oh no, of course not, she approached her and continued affirming the words of the other guy, that's right, she continued with a cracked voice, with high and low tones, that sounded drugged and very alcoholic, I was lucky to find him and that he took care of both, your father was a miserable starving man, you should have died along with him and we will all live very happily, she is a crazy lady, but what happens to her, she is his daughter, I shouted but my voice was not heard, I doubt then if I really said it out loud or if I thought it. 

Among all this case putting the cherry on the cake, then it happened, took a cigarette gave him a few puffs quickly, then smiled with ecstasy, as if the greatest pleasure will be and from one moment to another put it out directly on the skin of girl, to my great surprise I was left with my eyes wide open, even to the mouth slightly. 

It is his daughter whose mother would do this and as if that were not enough, he grabbed one of the scissors that were there on the table, he told her a haircut would be nice, looking at the other guy waiting for confirmation, as if it were a show and in an instant, with the scissors in hand, he cut her hair, with the same tip of the scissors he cut off her head, She bled, it can't be, she was bleeding all the way down to her forehead, he cut her again and again without compassion, this time through her body, through her arms, everywhere, the girl in her last attempts tried to move but what a serious mistake, oh no, I exclaimed, as if I imagined what this act would lead to next.

Can you imagine if this stupid girl recovers and can talk? And not only that, this freak manages to tell everyone what happened, replies the guy in an irritated tone, yes I know, says the shameless girl without much strength because of the drugs, it would be funny so they would also know how many times you raped her, she laughs, the man hits her, Shut up he tells her, she bleeds from the nose and still continues to laugh, it's true, that little freak likes you and pleases you even better than me, she shouts in an even louder tone and the guy took more strength of impulse and hit her again, this time she remained silent. 

The girl still bleeding, I do not know how she does it, she tries to make an effort, she wants me to leave her mother alone, seeing this the lout gave her so many blows that the girl could not stand it anymore and died, I still lying on the floor watching that scene static, I did not know what to do, under the legs, I noticed how there were also worms and bugs, I walked, what to walk, I crawled on the floor to the exit, my legs have no support, I stopped and analyzed her one last time, she was very thin, her skin almost without color, the mother drugged and beaten, the guy sitting next to both watching TV, I could no longer take long and hurried steps and got out of there. 

Desperation enveloped me as I tried to flee that claustrophobic building. My unanswered questions echoed in my desperate screams, creating a lonely echo that accompanied me in my anguish. Confusion overwhelmed me, to the point of dizziness. I think I'm going to die, I'm going to vomit, I can't, what did I just see. 

I ran as if time itself was against me, without fully understanding the reason for my agitation. In my desperation, I arrived in front of the door marked with the number sixteen. It can't be possible, it's as if there was no logical order, time was non-existent or the laws of time here don't work the same way. 

Without stopping to reflect, I was crazy to get out of this place, I don't think I knew what I was doing, so I stopped and without thinking so much I turned the knob and entered, muttering a resigned "may it be what God wants". At that moment, uncertainty took hold of me, and I plunged into the unknown once again. What would this new door reveal? Asking myself one more question that would possibly either have no answer or give me one that ultimately wasn't the one I really wanted to know. 

The tension in the air, without a doubt this was palpable as I faced the next chapter of my bewildering journey, I mentally try to convince myself not to let my senses be altered, not without first having experienced what I am supposed to find in this room that I do have a hunch that something good and pleasing, ultimately that wonderful is not to be....