Chapter XIII

I sigh, trying to find composure, dry my tears and proceed to speak, staring off into the distance, searching for the right words in my head and hoping that this has been for the best so far. You see I really couldn't, I couldn't help her financially, that's why I never told her what she is, you see the truth of it all is, I am her relative but don't judge me, I did it also to teach her dependence although I think it wasn't the wisest thing to leave her so alone to her fate, that was my purest way to teach her love, maybe it wasn't the right one but it was the only one I had in mind.

I repeat, I am not perfect, far from it and I do not want to be pointed with the finger, that was only one part and the other, my days are numbered, they are short, there is no solution, I have to have a liver transplant, added that in recent years I have presented in the doctor's checkups cancer cells that are reproducing at maximum speed throughout her body, but I do not have the least, much less the resources.

My boss, well our boss, the one who was hers, this guy who is the same of both, until recently was hers, my throat takes a knot, this gentleman, is my brother, you will think that because I tell you all this I saw, as he was delighted with her at the source, I saw him fascinated with her case and I want to know that I will leave her in good hands. 

My dear beautiful one, he continued clearing his throat, he is a miserable miser, who will not give you the money, so much so that he took advantage of the amnesia to forget that Victoria belonged to his family too, thus disengaging himself and not taking charge of any kind of expense, sigh, I threw a sob, between tears, I tell him, looking at the ground, this gentleman that I tell you is your uncle. Each one did wrong, I know, I am sure of it, wiping my tears, maybe in the form of welfare, ignorance or malice, but she I know, I am sure she will be much better off in the psychiatric ward with people similar to her, people who care for her and maybe those friends she never had, an I understand, with nothing else came out of the doctor's mouth. 

I turned my eyes back to where I was, looking for her with my eyes to see Victoria, always in the distance, but with something very different, this time, everything was going to be very different. She wouldn't come back, this time she wouldn't even think of coming back, or the most heartbreaking and painful thing, to even say goodbye.

Looking at her once again, my child, my little girl, I said in a soft whisper, almost inaudible, these words echoed in my heart although they sounded between my teeth and with a great regret in my soul, I culminated the prayer with a forgive mommy, please, would you be able to forgive your mother, coming out even a couple more tears, taking air after every step I take I head to that huge door, definitely in this case to the exit, at this moment, the big door of the psychiatric hospital, leaving with it, to the faint breeze of the huge green patio, with the sky even more blue and remarkable brightness, only more questions than answers and I certainly did not turn, I did not turn my eyes away again and until then, walking with a slow step it goes without saying that between an incessant crying for the greatest regret of the cases I never heard from her again, leaving thus, questions to the emptiness.