XVI. Here's Comes The Big One

Stardus. Shin Haru.

Her parents gave her that name, with the meaning of 'Starting a new day'.

But these days, she can barely have a new day.

"Haa..."

Looking at her smartphone, she sighed and dropped it down.

[Let's be honest. What have Stardus done?]

Those words seemed to ring in her ears.

The public opinions centered around the Internet.

They doubt the quality of the A-class hero, Stardus.

Honestly, she was very upset.

What has she done wrong?

Her only crime is to save people from time to time while attending college.

But the public opinions coldly stared her down.

Ever since he appeared.

Why should she be vilified when she did as usual and only ran out when she heard Egostic had appeared in town?

She even let him go and could not catch him properly since she was afraid the citizens would be in danger.

She could not understand.

Why people like how Egostic eliminates other villains.

The citizens accumulated dissatisfaction seeing heroes only caught and gave the diabolical villains soft punishments.

The anger which used to direct at the judges had spread to the heroes before they knew it.

You should have killed him on the spot. Why did they have to aim to capture them alive?

Because you only captured them alive so they still live comfortably in prison like that,...

It was nonsense, but complaints have already spread quietly among the citizens.

And then he came out like a comet that everyone was waiting for.

A man who hunts villains has appeared.

That is Egostic.

He was the person that every Korean person has been dreaming of.

...Of course, he caused the cruise ships terrorism. No, to be exact, the case should be considered as an attempt terrorist incident.

He did not cause any terrorism after all. No one pressed the button, the citizens were quickly convinced and easily backed off.

And he defeated the terrorist hostage crisis at Daehyun Tower by himself. That incident was so big that it had to be buried.

When other heroes were unable to do anything because of the hostages, he proudly entered the enemy camp by himself and succeeded in rescuing everyone without any death. He even gave them money.

And Teleporter, who was graded as class A because of the danger of his escape skill, was eliminated by him.

The public showed their enthusiasm in many ways. It is not a coincidence that almost every community likes him and a fancafe for him has been opened.

And those who confront him will naturally become evil.

And it happened to be her.

"Haa..."

Shin Haru took another sip of the mango frappé in her hand.

As she feels ashamed and painful, she wonders if this is why she became a hero.