Repercussions

******

Melodys POV

Father asked to have a meeting with me and Sakura. I'm not in the mood, but at least it keeps Sakura here...

"Father, Sakura's madness has returned..." I try to explain before Sakura can say anything further.

"I know, but it never left! Apparently it has gotten so bad that Lord Ain has ceased his arrangment with her and the prince now has to step in! It's so embarassing on our family's name." He says.

"WHAT?!" Sakura and I exclaim at the same time.

"Silence! Melody I am sorry you have been disgraced like this, but we can't go against the princes wishes. He must cherish his friend, Lord Ain." Father says.

Sakura bursts out laughing like a mad woman.

"His highness is insane!" She says hysterically.

Father sighs and looks at me with sad eyes. I understand this look. It means he can't bare to look at Sakura any longer, and he wants me to take her out of the room.

I grab Sakura's hand and pull her out of the room.

She doesn't stop laughing like she's lost her mind.

"Sakura please. I have no patience right now." I say trying not to cry.

She leaves coldly as I crumble down to the floor. My name is ruined. My sister is crazy. I can never have a good future now.....

I hear a knock on the door but I can't be bothered to answer it. Please leave me alone.

"Melody, I have come to ask for your hand in marriage." I hear a voice say.

WHAT?!?!

I turn around and see Lord Ain holding out his hand to me while he is down on his knees. Oh my gosh!

"Oh this is so sudden my lord, and it may ruin your name seeing how the prince ended our engagement." I say trying not to cry.

"I don't give a damn about names." He says angrily.

I stare at him wide eyed.

"Your honor has been tarnished unfairly. I won't allow you to be ruined." He says to me earnestly.

I feel my heart skip a beat. He.... he came to save me.

"She accepts your proposal my lord. Thank you for your generosity to my family." Father says bowing.

Ain looks at me.

"Oh my apologies, of course I do. Thank you for your kindness my lord." I curtsy tears in my eyes.

"Leave us please." Ain tells my father.

Father leaves and Ain grabs me into a hug.

"I am so sorry you were so hurt by all of this. Please accept what I can do for you." He says kindly.

The damn of my composure breaks and I fall into his arms crying.

He holds me rubbing my back as I cry.

"We will get through this. I swear it." He says reassuring me.

I look at him and ask "Were you disgraced my lord having the prince over rule your arrangement?" I ask concerned.

"No, your sister ended it herself. The prince..." he sighs... "Melody, Ray and I can't lose her for good. Her plan was to go away. This was all we could do." He says in an exhausted tone.

I softly touch his cheek looking into his eyes "I will be a good fiancé my lord. Thank you for your kindness to my sister."

He smiles taking my hand in his.

********

Sakuras POV

WHAT THE HELL RAY?! Did I not make myself clear that I wanted to be alone?! HOW THE HELL DO YOU ANNUL MY SISTER'S ENAGEMENT AND PLAN TO MARRY ME!!

All of this is my fault. Every bit of it. I can't stand the guilt.

Father knocks on my door and tells me the prince is here to see me.

F*cking fanstastic. I will show him how much I loathe him now.

"How is my fiancé?" Ray asks.

I go up to him and slap him hard on the face.

"Haha as sane as ever I see." He says.

"I. HATE. YOU." I say with venom in my tone.

He takes my hand as I drag my feet in the ground screaming.

When he gets me alone he looks at me with a fire in his eyes. "No way in hell was I gonna let you have your way! I didn't give up on you for 18 years why the hell would I now?!" He asks me exasperated.

"Cause I'm not who you want me to be!!!" I scream at him.

"WRONG! You are all I need you to be. You are you, memories or not, mad or not, no one else can be you!!" He yells.

"That girl you cared about is long dead. I dance on her grave. I want a new life!!" I scream at him.

"Then have one. By my side. This isn't up for discussion." He says angrily slamming the door as he leaves.

I fall to the ground crying burying my head in my arms. Life is so unfair....