Summoned

*****
Rays POV

I left Sakura with a smile on my face. Life is finally looking up. She seems more full of life!

Suddenly I see Ain walk up to me with a worried look on his face. It's been awkward between us...

"Ray, your dad has summoned all the men today at 5pm tonight. The ladies have a meeting at 9pm. Isn't it strange we have separate meetings and the ladies are so late? Even Ruby was summoned." Ain says worried.

"That is bizarre. Maybe I can talk to him and get some answers. Ain us men will need to be sure to escort the ladies after the meeting." I say back.

"Absolutely! Your father explicitly said he would see no one until the time he set." Ain says looking away.

"This can't be good. That means he doesn't want me to try to defy his orders.." I say angrily.

"That's what worries me. Does he plan to shame the ladies more by tossing them around to other men? Will he shame us the same way?!" He asks me clenching his fist.

"Ain, we need to warn everyone." I start to say...

"We can only speak to the men. The ladies have been ordered to stay in their rooms." Ain says gritting his teeth.

"So they really do plan to re-arrange us again." I say glaring at my father's portrait.

"Lady Melody has been shamed enough! I wanted to keep her safe..." He said angrily punching a wall.

I've only seen my friend like this once..

We hear steps behind us and turn to see who intrudes on our visit. Ah it's my "brother".

"Why is "father" yet again tossing us around like meat?!" He asks spitefully.

"We don't know what's going on either." I admit angrily.

"He treats us like dolls for his amusement. Is it not enough he uprooted my entire kingdom for his entertainment?!" He asks enraged.

We hear two other steps approach our conversation.

"I cannot speak ill of the king, but Lady Ami has been through enough." Kant says with gritted teeth.

Interesting he cares for Sakura's sister...

"Why is he summoning all the ladies? What's up his sleeve this time?!" Hugh asks annoyed.

We all look at each other perplexed and angry..

It feels like an eternity, but finally 5pm arrives.

We make our way to the throne room.

I walk in seeing father sit high and mighty on his throne and clench my fists. I will defy you yet again if I have to I swear it...

"Thank you all for coming." His loud voice echoes throughout the room. We all are thinking the same thing....Like we ever had a choice.

"There have been some recent... arrangements made for the betterment of both the Western and Eastern Empire. As you know my word is law, stay silent until you hear the full determined outcome." He says with a boistrous voice.

I know for a fact my face is showing my defiance. I don't give a damn! When has father ever cared for the West?!?

I turned to look at Hugh who's had dealings with the West and know he's wondering the same thing...

"This is a glorious announcement, I now pronounce you my dearest son engaged to the only worthy choice of you, Lady Melody." He says with a loud voice.

WHAT?! Not this nonsense again!!