He's My Love

*****

Amis POV

I open the door feeling heavy hearted. I don't want to hide things from him, but he constantly does this with me.... What else am I supposed to do? I can't fix all the damage if I don't know it...

I walk over to my dresser taking off my jewlery. What a day.

I see my lover behind me, and his eyes widen as he sees me.

What? Didn't think I'd come back did you?

Ha, after all I've done....

I close my eyes. Focus on fixing him. Again and again till you have no breath to do it anymore... This is what love is.. suffering, hardship, and apparently feeling dreadfully alone...

I turn around facing him.

"How’d that go?” He asks passively with a hint of concern in his voice.

"It went as expected. He's an arrogant serpent who thinks he can always get his hands on you." I say rolling my eyes and clenching my fist.

"He basically told me to give up on you. Wonder how that turned out." I say frusturated.

Even the king sees how you act...

"You give him a lotta ammo to use, probably should be aware of that." I say shrugging.

“So nothing new then?” He asks me while shrugging.

“Well, you’re here. You came back so you didn’t listen to him.” He says quietly.

“Oh, I’ll work on that…Sorry.” He says passively.

I scoff.

"So cold. I suppose you will give into the non-existent nightmares in your head rather than the living proof they're all lies that's right in front of you." I say crossing my arms.

He sighs.

“I’m sorry. I just haven’t been myself lately…” He says softly.

"I sliced my own arms open to save you, I laid in bed sick while tormented listening to lies, I have countless times poured my heart out to you only to have you just look at it, but you still doubt me."  I say exasperated.

I look at him closely, smelling a stench. He went out drinking, and his face has a bruise...

I sigh loudly throwing my hands in the air walking to the bathroom wetting a wash cloth.

"What is this?" I ask pointing at his face.

"If anyone in this room has any right to doubt the other that person would be me." I say frusturated.

"Yet here I am being the same old girl you've always known..." I sigh placing the cloth on his bruise.

“I got into a fight…” He says quietly.

“I’m sorry. I know words aren’t gonna mean much, but I truly am sorry. I messed it up…and I doubted you for no reason….” He says with his voice breaking.

"Least you told me the truth this time. It's a start." I say softly.

Take it slow Ami.. you can get through to him...

"Let me make this clear, I do not know Kenna, but I do love you, yet I sacrificed myself to make both you, and her have less torment. I heard this girl loves you too. You have blown every cover we have ever had for her. Yet instead of being jealous and afraid I stood by your side, and I made stuff better for you... one single night of weakness when I bled out, and heard tormenting whispers all day, that's all it took for you to well, as you said, for you to turn on me." I say passively.