A Blood Oath

*****
Soveishus POV

As I sit with Navier sleeping on my chest absorbing my warmth, I search all the knowledge in my brain to figure out a way to help her.

She's been through too much lately, losing her position as my wife the queen and now this.

I close my eyes remembering an ancient text I had read once. A man had a wife who was a witch. Instead of having her hung, he made a secret oath of blood for her. If she would die, so would he.

The story didn't have a happy ending, as the wife confessed to everyone she was a witch so her husband could be free. She had no idea that by doing that she condemned them both to die.

I look down at her innocent face and resolve myself to try this dark magic with her. We need to be connected throughout this dark situation.

There's no greater promise than a blood oath...

*****
Ains POV

I faked sleeping so Melody would relax and fall asleep herself. Seems like it worked.

I look to my side and see her asleep on the bed an arms length away from me.

This is serious, she's a witch. This poor caged bird has been through so much. It's not fair. Just because she's the eldest she has to suffer like this?

I curse the divine beings and close my eyes.

This will be a very dark road for her. I need to be with her each step of the way.

There is no other choice, a blood oath must be made...

*****
Hughs POV

My minds racing after the events that happened this night.

I look at Rubys sleeping face. It's so peaceful. I didn't want to worry her, but I know how serious this is.

She's a witch. A cursed being by the church and the Eastern Empire's biggest threat. There was a prophecy years ago that a witch would bring the ruin of our Empire.

She will die at this rate...

My heart races as I close my eyes. I have to make the blood oath with her. I won't let her die!

*****
Rays POV

She never changed. She acted crazy to push us away to make us avoid the pain. Stupid girl, we will always feel pain because we love you.

I look down seeing her tear soaked face snuggled into my chest and kiss the top of her head.

I will protect her at all costs. She may hate me for this, but a blood oath has to be made... The stakes are too high now...

*****

Sovieshus POV

The morning is on it's way. We need to make this oath before people start moving around.

I softly nudge her with my shoulder.

She slowly opens her eyes, looks around her and looks confused.

Then she looks down at her gloved hands and sees she's leaning against my chest.

"Ah, my apologies." She says flustered trying to get up.

"No need, I am glad you got a good night's rest." I say simply.

Before she can get up I pat the seat besides me. She tilts her head in confusion. Honestly she's adorable.

I pat the seat again and she sits down.

I take out a letter opener out of my coat pocket and take her hand in mine, softly taking off her gloves.

She freezes unsure what I'm doing.