chapter three

CHIRON HAD PERCY CARRIED TO THE INFIRMARY with some campers while the others were sent on a rescue mission to locate Grover. Luckily, he was found soon and was also rushed to the infirmary to rest. Apollo's children had determined that Grover would be on his hooves in no time while Percy would remain in bed a little bit longer. 

Chiron had requested for me to be with Percy to keep an eye on him, and I accepted it but I was confused since Cabin 7 would be better suit. At the moment I was spoon feeding him some ambrosia so he could recover faster. I watched as his eyes kept fluttering open and shut, and I couldn't help but smirk in amusement when I spotted ambrosia dripping down his chin before scooping it with a spoon. 

"Where am I?" Percy asked me lowly, his eyes not fully open as he glanced at me wearily and I sighed, putting down the spoon

"You drool when you sleep." Annabeth informed him blankly before rushing out of the room, her dark hair flying behind her

"Huh?" 

"Shhh. Go to sleep." I quietly said, hoping he would forget this encounter and not be too freaked out in the morning 

**ELECTRIC TOUCH**

That night, after returning back to my cabin, I had a vivid dream.

It was storming on the beach, and two beautiful animals, a white horse and a golden eagle, were trying to kill each other at the edge of the surf. The eagle swooped down and slashed the horse's muzzle with its huge talons. The horse reared up and kicked at the eagle's wings. As they fought, the ground trembled, and a monstrous voice chuckled somewhere beneath the earth, goading the animals to fight harder. 

I ran towards them, knowing I had to stop them from killing each other, but I was running in slow motion. I knew I would be too late. I saw the eagle dive down, its beak aimed at the horse's wide eyes, and I screamed, "No!"

I woke up with a jolt, my hands flying up to my chest as I panted heavily. 

**ELECTRIC TOUCH**

It was like nothing ever happened because camp was back to normal. Satyrs and high school aged campers were playing volleyball in the sandpits while some of the younger campers were running throughout the camp, running around the cabins but luckily they avoided the archery range which was being used at the moment. Some campers were taking pegasus for a stroll while others were on a canoe, enjoying being out in the lake. 

At the moment, I was sitting down between Mr. D and Chiron, updating the latter on Percy who I checked on before arriving here. They were playing a game of pinochle but I knew Chiron was listening. Annabeth was here as well but she wasn't playing, instead she was leaning against the porch railing. 

"I must say, Rhea," Chiron broke in, "I'm glad to hear that young Percy is much better. It's been a long time since I've made a house call to a potential camper. I'd hate to think I've wasted my time."

"Where did you even go?" I was slightly curious because one day he was here, and the next day he was gone, leaving Argus and Mr. D in charge of us

"I went to Yancy Academy on Grover's alert, he sensed that he was something special, so I decided to go upstate. Honestly, I wasn't sure about him at first. Grover and I contacted his mother to let her know that we were keeping an eye on him, in case he was ready to go to camp. But according to Mrs. Jackson, he still had much to learn." Chiron said, shaking his head in sadness 

"Typical," Mr. D said. "That's how they usually get killed." 

"Nevertheless, he made it here and that's always the first test." I didn't like how Chiron talked so casual about it, and from Annabeth's tense shoulders, she thought the same and we both were thinking the same thing