| chapter o.5 |

❟❛❟ CHAPTER FIVE ❟❛❟

Yukie didn't know what to do with this situation. Yukie stood at one of the tables, her hands moving methodically as she sliced through the vegetables. The rhythm of the knife against the cutting board was almost meditative, a stark contrast to the turmoil that churned within her. The day had been grueling, each training exercise more demanding than the last, pushing them to their limits. And now, as the day waned into evening, they found themselves gathered in the outdoor kitchen-dining room, preparing dinner.

With Bakugou and Todoroki in front of her.

The proximity was disconcerting. It was as if fate itself conspired to draw them together, weaving their paths into a single thread. A strange sensation fluttered in Yukie's chest —a mix of anticipation and dread, a longing that she couldn't quite name. It was maddening.

She glanced at them, their faces set in concentration. Bakugou's hands moved with a precision that belied his explosive nature, while Todoroki's grace was as cool and measured as his ice. Yukie felt a warmth spreading through her, an ember of connection that threatened to ignite into something more.

Bakugou's voice cut through the air's calm like a knife through butter, his irritation palpable. "Tch, have you ever stepped foot in a kitchen before? Look at these cuts-they're atrocious!" He glared at Todoroki, whose attempts at chopping chives had resulted in uneven, ragged pieces.

Todoroki met Bakugou's gaze with a nonchalant expression. "Teach me," he said simply.

Bakugou threw his hands up in exasperation. "I've shown you how to do it a dozen times!" Despite his words, he reached over, correcting Todoroki's grip and demonstrating the proper technique with a few swift, precise motions. "Why are you even here? Go help the others."

But Todoroki stood his ground, a rare stubbornness flickering in his eyes. "I don't want to. I want to be here —with you," he declared, his voice softening into a pout as he anchored himself firmly in place to resist Bakugou's push.

A flush crept up Bakugou's neck, but it disappeared as he noticed Todoroki's hand dangerously close to the blade of the knife he still held. "Hey! Watch it with that knife!"

Meanwhile, Yukie felt a surge of frustration bubble within her. She quickened her pace, eager to escape the mounting tension between them. With swift movements, she gathered the neatly chopped ingredients and made her way to the cooking team. She needed space —a reprieve from the chaos of emotions that threatened to overwhelm her.

After dinner, they gathered at the forest's edge, their faces alight with excitement. The game was simple yet thrilling: navigate the forest where 1B could use their quirk to scare 1A. No physical contact was allowed; the goal was to strike fear into the hearts of the opposing team.