Dreamscaperers

A storm crashed over Gravity Falls. To me, the rain was peaceful. It allowed me to clear my mind and focus on the loud pats of raindrops falling on the roof. Thunder echoed through the night. Unfortunately, along with the storm, the roof to the Mystery Shack had leaks.

Collection pans were placed around the roof according to where the leaks were. The twins were playing a board game while I leafed through Dipper's journal. I could see the parts where his penmanship appeared, even fixing some of the entries the original author wrote.

"I'm gonna say B-five," Dipper stated.

"Miss!" Mabel replied.

"I don't think you're playing this right." Dipper narrowed his eyes at his sister.

"Kids! Come quick!"

We ran downstairs. Mr. Pines was lounging in his yellow chair, but he was grinning. "I need you to laugh at this with me."

A commercial of Gideon played on the television. He was still holding the cute and innocent title, no matter how many screwed up things he said in front of the public. I rolled my eyes, laying my head on Dipper's shoulder.

"Ugh, Gideon." Dipper looked at me. "Do you still have the amulet?"

"It's locked up and protected with some protection curse thing," I explained. "He's not getting into my house, nor is he ever going to get into that place."

"Remember when I wouldn't date him, and he tried to destroy us?" Mabel asked.

"He's always trying to trick me into losing the Mystery Shack," Mr. Pines added in annoyance."

Wendy walked into the room from the gift shop. "One time, I caught him stealing my moisturizer."

"And yet, our mutual hatred for him bonds us together," Soos pointed out.

"Should we be worried?" Dipper asked.

"Please," Mr. Pines scoffed. "The only way Gideon's taking over this shack is by breaking in and stealing my deed."

There was a crash following the sound of breaking glass.

"You mean like right now?" Wendy asked.

We ran to the room the safe was kept in. "Gideon!"

The child turned around. "Well, well, Stanford! My arch nemesis. We seem to have entered a dangerous game of cat and mouse. But the question remains, who is the cat, and who is the-"

"Soos, broom," Mr. Pines demanded.

I froze them and stepped forward. Gideon's eyes, once sinister, were now filled with fear. I lifted him up with my powers, making him still with his arms tied to his sides and his legs straightened together. My eyes glowed, making him whimper in his throat.

"Next time you break into this shack and threaten this family, it will be personal," I promised. "You're lucky I don't call the state and have them threaten to take away your business license. You wanna play cat and mouse? Fine. I'll chase you until I rip your throat out. Go."

Gideon ran out of the shack, screaming. I released him as he looked back. He ran.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Dipper put a hand on my shoulder.

I placed my cheek against it, making him smile. "Things just feel so different now that I told you."

~~~

Wendy, Mr. Pines, Dipper, Mabel and I sat in the main living area of the shack.

"He put the 'old' in old west. They call him... Grandpa the Kid!"