Into the Bunker

"(Y/n)? You said this was the place—Woah."

Lyric snickered from downstairs. "Amazed, mortal?"

"Mortal? You look ten," Dipper commented.

"Try one thousand," Lyric corrected him.

"What are you? What is this place?" Dipper questioned.

"Not a mortal, and not your place," Lyric snapped.

Dipper got nervous as I rushed around my home to find him.

"I'm looking for my girlfriend," Dipper stated.

"And who would that be? Child-"

"He's my age, Lyric." I appeared at the top of the staircase like a cliche. "Lyric, this is Dipper Pines."

"That's not his real name."

"It's a nickname," I blurted. "Dipper, this is Lyric. Just another demon."

Dipper's eyes widened. "Like Bill?"

"Well, I didn't set my dimension on fire, but I could just to goof around." Lyric made blue fire appear in her hand.

"She's one of the better demons." I glared at the girl. "She won't hurt a fly unless it's for defense."

"That's true," Lyric agreed. "I'll leave you two alone."

"Thank you," I replied as she slunk into the shadows. "Dipper, follow me."

He hurried to follow me and caught my hand in his. I dragged him through the enormous house to my room. It was a wide, open space. The bed looked like a pillow with black covers on it. Dipper stayed in my room while I went to make popcorn in our kitchen.

"What is that boy doing here, anyway?" Lyric asked.

"We're watching movies," I stated. "Some old horror stuff that's so awful we'll laugh at the blood splatter."

"I'm surprised you even love a mortal," Lyric admitted. "What's going to happen when he's on his deathbed and you're as healthy as a baby?"

"I'm mortalizing myself," I said as if it was a simple fact.

"Why don't you make him immortal?"

"That requires sacrifice of a being's state," I reasoned. "It's too cruel for him to be immortal and watch his twin sister die as he stays young."

The stove popped with oil. Melody sprinkled the kernels in for me.

"It almost startles me that you've thought about this," Lyric admitted.

"It's been on my mind for the past week," I explained.

Lyric hugged me. A rare thing from her. I almost thought, for a moment, that she was going to say someone died. She could sense it, but she wouldn't tell me if it wasn't someone close to me. She smiled as she sat at the island in the middle of our kitchen.

When I went back upstairs with steaming popcorn in a bowl, Dipper already had a stupid movie on. He smiled softly at me, getting up from the armchair next to my bed. I kissed his forehead, motioning for him to join me in the mass amounts of pillows on my bed. He wrapped his arm around me as the movie continued.

"What do we do, Chadley? I thought they were dead."

"Far worse, Trixandra. They're nearly almost dead but not quite!"

A scream came from the TV as Dipper threw a piece of popcorn into his mouth.

"Man, these movies are a lot less scary when you've actually fought real zombies," Dipper admitted.