The Last Mabelcorn

It was like I was like my father in the dream. Circling around Ford, taunting him. Threatening him with an apocalypse. I didn't want to believe it. When I woke up with a gasp and breathing heavily, Lyric was already leaning against the door frame. She knew. She saw.

I frantically clasped the bow tie necklace around my neck, assuring me that I was safe. The necklace limited my ability when I wanted it to so that it didn't get out of hand. That way, I couldn't see the future. I couldn't see the burning world my father was from. Instead, I was grounded to the dimension and was able to focus.

"It's almost sunrise. Wanna go exploring?" Lyric offered.

"I'll go solo," I said. "Need to clear my head."

"Got it." Lyric handed me my phone. "Call me immediately if you see anything."

"You know I will."

I spent hours in the woods of Gravity Falls. I used a radar Dipper gave me to detect moving objects. I filled about five pages in my journal before my phone rang. I smiled softly when I saw the phone number. The smile never left my face as I answered the call.

"Hey, Dipper," I greeted.

"(Y/n), you need to come over to do that mind protection spell on me."

"Why?" I questioned. "God, no. Did Bill come to you too?"

"You saw him too?"

"I'll explain later. I'll be right over."

I teleported to Dipper's house. I was getting more and more annoyed with everything. I then sighed and teleported to Dipper. Ford and Dipper jumped in fright. There was a metal device placed on Dipper's head, a heart rate monitor beeping in the background.

"So what is Bill, exactly?" Dipper asked.

"No one knows for sure," Ford admitted. "Accounts differ of his true motivations and origins. I know he's older than our galaxy and far more twisted. Without a physical form, he can only project himself into our thoughts through the mindscape. That's why he wants this." Ford held up the portal. "I dismantled the portal. But with this tear, Bill still has a way into our reality. To get his hands on this rift, he would trick or possess anyone."

"So, we keep Bill out of our minds by (Y/n) saving our butts like always?" Dipper guessed.

Ford smiled. "There's really a number of ways. I personally had a metal plate installed in my head."

Dipper and I giggled a little.

"Good one," Dipper commented.

Ford knocked on his head, it making a clanging noise in response. "But this machine and (Y/n) are safer. It will scan your mind, bio-electrically encrypting your thoughts so Bill can't read them. Now, say hello to your thoughts."

A swarm of thoughts came across the screen, reading his mind easily. I watched with a small smile as he blushed from all the thoughts of him and I rushing around his head. I wrapped my arms around Dipper from behind, settling my head on his shoulder as I watched the screen for a moment.

"By the way, you never told me what your history with Bill was," Dipper admitted.

"Dipper, do you trust me?" Ford asked.

"Well, yeah, but-"

"Then you'll trust that that's not important," Ford insisted. "Now, focus. It's time to strengthen your mind."

I fell asleep on Dipper's shoulder as Ford fell asleep at his desk. I was shoved off a few moments later. Looking up sleepily, I noticed the metal helmet was on Ford, a glow behind his glasses. I looked at Dipper in confusion as he looked at the two of us with fear.