four.

Emerson Jenkins

The first week back in classes had been a drag. Not much was going on.

Wake up, go to class, see Asher, see Callum or Mina, go to sleep, repeat.

Mina wasn't so shaken up anymore after what happened Monday night at Gypsy Fish. Imani, Lace, and I stayed in her dorm with her that night. We took turns sleeping to make sure she was okay. Mina doesn't trust men at all so when one messes with her, it shakes her up. I don't like seeing her down so I'm glad her spirits have lifted again.

She's been trying to get me to be nice to the new kid. I'm not being not nice. New people aren't my cup of tea. Especially new people in our friend group. It's odd. Our dynamic had been moving swiftly for the past six months. Now all of a sudden there was a new boy in the group. I thought he was only going to come around for one day but he keeps coming back.

Cal seems to really like him. Rowan too. Kai seems somewhat curious about the American boy as well. He's a tough shell to crack through which is why I'm most surprised by him. Mina also nauseously seems to think he's a good dude. What the fuck is so special about him? He seems like any average lad to me.

He always has this annoying smile on his face and despite my disinterest in getting to know him, he keeps on trying to speak to me.

"What possible motive does he have, Emmy? The boys are the ones who cornered him first."

"After he came up to us asking for a cigarette."

"That doesn't mean he sought us out. He doesn't even seem like the type."

Mina kept trying to convince me that he was a decent boy. I didn't know him yet. If he was going to stick around then I guess that would change. My attitude and look on him wouldn't change until I figured him out. That was my final verdict on this situation.

My friends saw him more than I did anyway. They all had at least one class with him while I had none. The only times I ran into him was during dinner at the canteen and after school if he came around — which he always did. Asher also liked Brooks but I guess that was given since they were roommates.

Lucky for me, I knew that Brooks would be busy after classes today with the boys. Cal said they had some plans down at the field which meant I could have some privacy with Ash for a little bit. We had been kissing for about thirty minutes before I got bored and laid down on his bed. He worked on homework as I fidgeted with my phone.

Setting my phone down, I plopped down on my tummy, looking up at him. "Is that homework due tonight?" I asked him, resting my chin on my palms. He gave me a small smile. "Yes. It's for Dr. Knight too. You know she doesn't forgive incomplete work too honorably." That is true. Still, I'm bored. Ash is the only one who can give me attention.

His eyes drift back to his laptop and I take the time to stare at him. He has brown fluffy hair and deep brown eyes. His nose is the smallest button and light, barely noticeable freckles cover it. I used to say that his jawline could cut through glass if it wanted to. His lips while thin match his face perfectly.

He's so pretty yet so...

"I will put a hold on classwork if we can do more than kiss though," Asher smirks.

Disgusting. Yep, that's the word I was looking for.

"In your dreams." My response to him was a fake smile. He groaned. "What the hell is it gonna take for you to let me fuck you? I've been waiting patiently for two months, Em." His words make me physically shudder. I know Asher isn't the type to hold back on his thoughts but that doesn't mean I like hearing them.