ten.

Brooks Scott

We sat in one of the common rooms on Saturday watching murder mystery films suggested by Callum. Lacey would shriek occasionally as if we were watching a scary movie. They were somewhat interesting but I wasn't a show or movie guy. What surprised me the most was that Callum was able to stay still for so long.

He sat on one couch with Emerson and Mina on either side of him. Kai and Rowan sat on the ground, lying back on the long couch. Lacey sat on the loveseat and I was using the arm as a chair.

It was another rainy day in London so we couldn't chill outside in the courtyard like we usually did on weekends. The common room wasn't a bad spot but I was more of an outside person than an inside one.

Most of the time, I had been on my phone texting Amelie who was currently studying for a test in the library. I wondered if they would notice if I left.

Amelie: studying is extremely boring but it has to get done.

Brooks: I could show you something not so boring.

Calm down, Brooks. You're not sending that.

I adjust myself on the chair. It had been a while since I had gotten... physical. I blame my mother for shipping me out of town. The girls at Havenpoint scared me. I was more confident in hooking up with girls in my hometown than girls from a whole different country. But Amelie was different. Perhaps I wouldn't be so scared to do anything with her.

Medium-length blonde hair, brown eyes, fair skin, and tiny enough to where I can pick her up and fu-

"Brooks? Are you okay?" Lacey's voice pulls me out of my imagination. I shake the cobwebs out of my head and look down at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I question. She hands me my phone. It's opened on my message thread with Amelie still.

"You dropped this on my lap and were staring off into the distance," she told me. Shit. How fucking embarrassing am I?

A forced smile pulls at my lips. "Sorry. I'm feeling a bit drowsy," I lie, tucking my phone under my leg. She returns the smile and shakes her head. "Hey, Cal! Brooks said he's bored. Let's play a game!"

My eyes widened slightly. Did she just expose me like that? Everyone turns in our direction including Emerson who's holding her phone in her hands like she had been on it this whole time. "My choice in show bore you, lad?" Cal raises a brow at me.

"Yeah kind of. Sorry dude," I don't lie.

Kai stood up and ruffled a hand through his hair. "Thank God someone else said it," he mumbled. Callum gawked at him next, face full of offense.

"Alright then, you fuckers pick a game." He crossed his arms over his chest like a toddler and pouted. Imani's lips quirked up slightly at his exaggerated actions.

Mina raised her hand. "May I suggest truth or dare? To help us get closer to our new friend." She looked over at me and smiled. The attention turned back to me then.

"Sure."
"Yes!"
"I guess."
"What she said."
"Fine by me."

Everyone looked at Callum now since he was still being a brat. He looked up through his lashes. "Fine. We can play." He stood up next and we all sat down on a carpeted floor close to the window. The rain was pouring down hard but you couldn't hear it much inside the building.

Mina cheered and decided to start off the game for us. "Ask me anything!" she turns to her left where Emerson sits unamused.

The moody brunette leans backward, her hands holding her body up. Her lips are pursed as she thinks of something. "Okay. Truth or dare?