The gas man

You woke up, still chained up. You were hungry and missed Sanji's cooking. There was a small window on your cell, and you looked outside, the sky was dark, and the stars shined bright. Looking at them, you thought about using your power to escape, but it would be useless when you were in the middle of nowhere. You had to wait until you were on land, then you would run away.

Having regain your strength after that nap, you tried to use your power. Without having to think of anything in particular, you could already began to faintly glow. You moved a shimmer of light throughout the ceiling of the cell. As much as your power could be used for destruction, you just wanted to see the beauty in your light. However, you knew it was necessary to grow your power. As much as you were opposed to killing anybody, you needed to learn how to fight and defend yourself, to stop being a burden for the people who protected you.

That's right, you thought, it was time to take the initiative. You wouldn't be moved around like a dumd toy anymore. You would decide for yourself what to do. But now, there wasn't much you could do, so you lied down in bed and tried to sleep through the night.

After a while, you were awakened by a marine that told to stand up. You reluctantly obeyed as he opened the cell and made you follow him. When you got outdoors you saw a group of floating chunks of ice. It was freezing and you were shivering like crazy. You didn't even have Corazon's hat to get your ears warm.

You saw Vergo speaking to someone through the den den mushi. Then a marine approached him to ask him something. You thought this was your time to run away, and while no one was looking you broke the shackles on your wrists with your light. You sneaked out without anyone noticing.

"That was easy" You thought, while jumping out of the ship onto a chunk of ice. You fell on the snow. "So cold" You couldn't handle the cold, but tried to run away from the ship. Then you saw the distance between the floating chunks, it would be impossible to simply jump from place to place. What could you do now?

You looked at your feet, trying to think if you could somehow use your power to get to the other side. Thinking of the good time you had with Law and the Straw hats, your heart shone once more, and you moved that light to your feet. You felt lighter, like a feather. In an act of faith, you began to run to the ledge and jumped as high as you could.

You felt the adrenaline in you, you were finally living, free from everything. From Doflamingo, from the marines. You felt like nothing could stop you. Your happiness was such, that your whole body shone with a warm light, stopping the cold from bothering you.

You began to slowly fall, safely landing on the other side. You heard a yell. It seemed the marines had noticed your absence. You began to run, the marines would be easy to defeat, but Vergo was a force not to be reckoned with and you knew you didn't have a chance against him. Running was the best option.

You jumped from island to island, running as far away from the marines as you could, until you stumbled upon what looked like an abandoned laboratory. "What is this place?" You were curious of what could be inside, however, you knew it could be dangerous. You thought, if there where facilities here, there had to be a port where you could sneak in as a stowaway.

Going around the building, you found a little port, with a few boats floating on the only water that wasn't frozen. You thought of stealing a lifeboat, but two people in gas masks pointed at you with pistols.

"Master, there is a girl trying to infiltrate the port" One of the people said to the den den mushi.

"A girl?! How weird" A voice answer.

"The weird thing is she is glowing" The man replied to his master's comment.

"Glowing . . ? Don't hurt her, she is a guest here!" He said.