Jedi Perspective Part 2

Obi Wan Kenobi, POV:

Even though Darth Mirage was vanquished, it's even more astounding that the brotherhood activity has persisted despite his death, as if it were intended to continue even without their commander. Many have attempted to destroy and commit genocide against the Zygerrian people, but with the assistance of Mandalorian and assumed Sith techniques and leadership, they were able to achieve the seemingly difficult task of reducing Zygerrian activity from minor raids to nonexistent.

The council assigned me the task of investigating the most recent Mandalorian attack and negotiating with the Brotherhood. We still don't trust them because of what we saw as a more bold attack on the republic, as well as their previous support for separatists during the Battle of Corellia.

As soon as I landed in Mandalore, I was stopped by the Brotherhood patrol unit, who requested that I be taken to the surface for security reasons. When I finally noticed the Brotherhood fleet, which was quite significant in terms of ships, some of them were in a defensive formation, while the other half was on one of the moons. It looked like half of them were evenly managed.

As my ship landed on one of its landing platforms, I was stopped by an armed mandalorian, which startled me because this is not what Satine perceives as a pacifist. When they ask for my explanation on Mandalore, I just tell them that I was scheduled to meet with the duchess prior to my investigation into a recent Mandalorian attack, which caused both of them to glance at each other in surprise.

They led me to the throne room with that justification, which met their standards. There, I met Minister Almec, who finally told me why there were guards on Mandalore. He disclosed a plot by the Death Watch, a rebel Mandalorian group that continues to act in an aggressive manner, drawing the attention of the Brotherhood and igniting a civil war on Concordia as the Brotherhood plots to eradicate their growing number of dishonourable deeds.

The Brotherhood is merely there to retaliate against the Death Watch for how they have been treated so far. It turns out that they had previously been allies with the Mandal Hypernautics, who had supplied them with ships, weapons, and equipment. Because Brotherhood possessed aviation and ground vehicle assistance, they were able to respond to the Death Watch by destroying the majority of their base of operations and grounding their soldiers. As a result, the combat became one-sided.

There won't be much of a security role for the brotherhood now that the death watch has been virtually completely eliminated and most of their hierarchy has been taken prisoner. They have one more mission to complete before they resume their private war and go after the Zygerrian as hired guns.

As Minister Almec and I discussed Mandalorians, I began to wonder about my previous experience with Jango Fett, who was dressed in Mandalorian armour. I assumed the minister would respond, given he was connected to the death watch rumour, but the minister refuted it, claiming he was just a regular bounty hunter and didn't know how he obtained his armour.

When the Duchess finally arrived, I was taken aback and defensive because I could see the man, Mirage's right-hand man, was standing behind her. However, she stopped me and explained that he was only there to protect her from the death watch and that he would leave once the matter was resolved. It brings back memories of how effortlessly he and the Mirage Elite Guards defeated me, demonstrating their potential.

When the guards all bowed and left, leaving us alone, Kaydron just stared while the Duchess attempted to talk me into a quick, flirtatious (but mildly inappropriate) exchange. Then I asked questions, like whether any rogue Mandalorians had joined the Brotherhood thus far and what their relationship was to the person who had attacked the republic. Then Satine was told that since they were defending Mandalore from the death watch during their civil war, the brotherhood was not responsible for any of the attacks.