Afterword

No one knows what or how ones life should be by 25. But we are familiar with the generational notions of all centuries, You have to have a degree by 25, Have a car, A stable job, etc.

But what if that was not the case with everyone's life? What if one is still figuring life out, by 25? What if Im not keen on getting that degree but rather, keen on securing the bag above all? What if the only thing that keeps me going, every day, is the passion of wanting to be in digital marketing or graphic design, and not getting a doctorate, as my parents wish for their offspring? Am I then regarded as a black sheep of the family or an ambitious individual?

Lets address the elephant in the room: EGO & PROCRASTINATION. From the time you graduate from high school, further on to varsity, you are fed with a lot of paradoxical theories of how to survive in life, but no one addresses the twins ego + procrastination. Why? We are too comfortable in our comfort zones.

Its not because one is terrified to take the leap of faith and tap into their creative side of things, but we are scared of starting. Me not experiencing any hardship academically, to be precise, in high school, which made my ego grow more than it should because I had no one in school to calm me down. Properly. I carried the very same mindset (EGO) to varsity, thinking I was going to sail through, just like I did in high school, and when it dawned on me that that wasn't the case, my marks dropped exponentially, and eventually, I dropped out of my first year. I couldn't take it anymore.

So what? The ego I carried from high school led to procrastination in me lifting a textbook, and instead, I would choose a cold one. And before I could even say anything, my direction shifted and my life no longer aligned with my friends on campus or back home. Not because of my lifestyle change but because I ran after things out of my reach and timeline, and before I knew it, I flunked out of varsity and chose to get a job. The disappointment I saw in my parents grew into resentment I had for myself, and anything I grew in, emotionally, didn't matter anymore because of the things in front of me, in front of GRATITUDE, of the things I had acquired before.

I found myself making mistakes after that phase in life but sometime last year, a friend asked me, what if you are gifted in more than one field? Moreover, I put a star on that message but didn't think about it, properly until my birthday. I decided to turn my mistakes into principles.

Here are some of the mistakes turned into principles:

1. Cash is King and the King is always in every human being.

2. Genuine friendships are automatic; questioning friendship means there is no friendship to begin with.

3. Emotional intelligence is, just like your IQ, important.

4. Honesty with yourself is hard but brutal honesty is harder. The only difference is the results, you reap.

5. Gratitude is the absence of greed; the 2 cannot co-exist. One results in peace and tranquility, whereas the other, with a PIECE in your head, teaches you to HATE.

6. Prevention is better than cure in all aspects of life.

7. Never burn bridges. You cant burn a bridge and not come to terms with the results.

8. Listening with true intent is more important than being the speaker.

9. Some GOOD things that happen in your life are there to pave the way for BAD things to come shortly. Be careful of your today and beware of everyone's intentions.

10. Discipline is not only telling people you've changed; your results make the loudest noise.

Now I know you might think I have life figured out, but not even. I still have 4 years to go until I'm 30 years old. Lol. Meet then!

In the interim, take it easy on yourself, and don't forget, YOU MATTER, always.

One love.