No Peace For The Wretched

~~~~~~flashback~~~~~~

"Remember when you were young?
You shone like the sun
Shine on you crazy diamond
Now there's a look in your eyes
Like black holes in the sky
Shine on you crazy diamond..."

At your feet, laid a John Doe. Or at least the body of one.

What his real name was, you didn't know. You didn't really care. You didn't care who he was, what his story was, or whether or not he had a family back home. It certainly didn't matter two hours ago when you met him. And right now, the only thing you could think about is how you had just committed an act of murder.

"You were caught in the crossfire
Of childhood and stardom
Blown on a steal breeze
Come on you target for faraway laughter
Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine~!"

It was hard to pin point where the idea had first came to you.

Maybe it had been brewing since that unfortunate event, or perhaps you were always destined to end up doing something this heinous.

You thought maybe you'd feel remorse. Or perhaps, more likely, apprehensive about getting caught. But you didn't feel guilty. You didn't even feel paranoid about not getting away with it.

The fear in his eyes, that look of pure cowardice and betrayal was something of a rush that you'd never felt before... and in the moment, it was the only thing that mattered to you.

And you knew you'd be chasing that rush from now on and forever more. This was only the beginning.

"You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon
Shine on you crazy diamond
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light
Shine on you crazy diamond..."

After hemming and hawing over it for weeks, you finally decided to bite the bullet and try your luck.  You knew it was risky. But with the lows in mood and energy you were feeling lately, prison seemed like a light sentence. Release, some sort of catharsis needed to be met; or else you feared the very worst for yourself. And with thoughts of violence predating your trauma, this felt like a relatively decent outlet.

At this point you thought, so what if you got caught? Was the world really going to miss another pervert?

So you set out a plan to abduct somebody. Anybody who fit your criteria and fell right into your trap.

Like a fly in your web, you managed to lure one fairly quickly.

You fed him drink after drink. And pretended to slug back all of yours (realistically, you were probably the most sober person at the bar- next to the employees of course). But you played the part of a trashed, defenseless target none the less.

So when he offered to bring you home, you obliged without hesitation. Laying on the fake flirtation thickly just to encourage him even further.

Once the door was shut and he was in your home, it was already too late for him.

Putting on some music, you told him to get comfortable on the couch while you fetched him another drink.

Instead of that, you took an opportunity and whacked him upside the back of his head with a metal bat; right where the skull meets the spine. Almost killing him instantly. If you had hit him harder you absolutely would have but admittedly you panicked just a little; alas, you came too far not to try.