Painful Truth

CONTENT ADVISORY/TW⚠️: Uncomfortable and triggering scenes ahead. Discussion of SA and heavy emotions that can accompany the topic as well as aftermath from the offense.

*deep inhale* I'm sorry in advance for how heavy this chapter is/may be. I said before that this would be a dark(er) story and I wasn't gonna sugarcoat it.
Proceed with caution, you have been warned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~flashback~~~~~~

"Y/nnn~!"

A voice, followed by the honk of a car horn on alerted you as you approached the parking lot on the side of the school.

"Y/n Y/n Y/n-!"

You snickered to yourself and shook your head. Whipping your head to the left to find the source of the noise poking his head out his car window.

"Patience, young padawan." You call out. Walking briskly passed the other seniors and over to the passenger side of the vehicle. Opening the door and climbing in the passenger side, you smiled at the person who was calling for you.

Shane Bardot.

A neighbor of yours since your parents bought this house when you were a baby, with whom you grew up alongside. He was your age, younger by a month. You went to school together, he, you and several other kids that lived close by in the neighborhood.

You wouldn't consider him a best friend. But that was nothing personal against him, you didn't feel as though you had one in general. Different people brought out different parts of your personalities and you got along with each of them well; but they all had each other.

Shane was quiet but by no means shy. He was also fairly selective with his company despite being friendly with anyone who approached him. He always sort of struck you as someone who had a 'sick' sense of humor like you did, and hid it just as well; but you never challenged that idea.

"Afternoon, good sir." You greeted him.

"Afternoon! Long time no see."

You gave a soft laugh. Having just saw him a couple hours ago during lunch.

"Here is your charger," you said, gently tossing it in the back seat by his backpack. "Thanks for letting me borrow it."

"No prob." He said pleasantly. Buckling his seatbelt, he then pulled out of the parking spot and made his way out of the lot. Equally as happy as you to finally be done with the school week.

He had offered to bring you home. He had a lot of times before, it wasn't an unusual occurrence.

And tonight, one of your mutual friends was throwing a party while their parents were gone. A celebration, if you will, since the end of the year was approaching and you'd all be graduating soon.

People were feeling stressed and burnt out from tests, reviewing, and college applications. Close enough to see the finish line, and itching to be across it already.

Shane had already offered to be your ride there and back. So now you were just going home for a few hours and doing whatever until it was time to go. You were excited to let loose and be in the company of good friends, feeling the need for some stress relief.