Stolen Hearts

(CONTENT ADVISORY/TW⚠️: Wholesome bonding through sadistic murder. Mention of torture, cruel and unusual treatment, and brief depictions of blood.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He- he walks out, limping-" Mimzy wheezed.

"He comes out limping..." she continues, trying to steady herself. "And the minute he's out the door, he just fuckin' bolts. Just straight up runs, retreats, back to where he came from. You had to be there, it was soo funny."

You grinned with a genuine, lighthearted giggle.

"Aw I would have paid good money to see that." You sighed, shaking your head. "Maybe if he comes back I'll get lucky enough to witness something similar."

"Tell ya what, we get Terry and Leif to hold Val back for ya and you can kick his ass six ways to Sunday, yourself."

"Oh you got a deal!" You exclaimed, reaching over to clink your wine glass with Mimzy's, who was sporting a grin of her own.

The two of you had been hiding out in hers/ and Alaator's office for the better part of two hours. It was after closing time and unfortunately Al had to head out and couldn't keep the two of you company. Much to your personal dismay, you would have liked to have him around.

You always did.

But, neither her nor you were going to say no to a little girls night. So when doors closed, employees left and the lounge was quiet, Mimzy put on some of her records and opened a large bottle of moscato for the two of you. Sitting on the floor like a couple of high-school gal pals at a sleepover.

Easily downing more than half the bottle already, you were feeling about as comfortably buzzed as she was.

However despite the good vibes and great tasting booze, a momentary lull in the conversation held place. And while soft music filled the air to replace the benign silence, you found yourself pondering the night and morning prior.

Gathering your courage, you decided to finally indulge your friend on your acquired feelings for a certain stag.

"Mimzy?"

Caught slightly off guard a bit of wine dribbled down the corner of her mouth as she took a sip. You smirked and averted your gaze politely as she dabbed her mouth with her wrist.

"Yeah sugar?" She asked.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah of course! Shoot."

"...What's your opinion on Al and I?" You wondered.

She smirked. Knowing fully what you gearing towards, but playing coy anyway.

Staring at her glass she watched the tiny bubbles of air rising to the top of her beverage. "How do you mean?"

"You know what I mean." You said, giving her a look. "You have to."

She giggled. You groaned and rolled your eyes, indulging her despite the lack of need to do so.

"We're spending a lot of time together, -on a personal level." You went on. "Not as a boss and an employee, or a landlord and tenant, or hotel-rehab-colleagues... I'm in deep... You've known him longer than most, you know what kind of person he is. Should I keep seeing him like this?"

The blonde let out a gentle smile and set her glass carefully onto the floor beside her.

"Want me to answer that as his friend, or as yours?"