▪︎10▪︎

As the days passed, Gemini found himself drawn more and more to Fourth, despite his best efforts to maintain a facade of aloofness

It was a crisp afternoon when the moment crystallized into a scene that would linger in Gemini's memory.

The university library was unusually quiet that day, the soft rustling of pages turning and the occasional murmur of students studying creating a serene backdrop.

Gemini sat at his usual spot near the back, flipping through a magazine with apparent disinterest, occasionally stealing glances at Fourth who was deeply engrossed in a thick textbook at a nearby table.

Unable to resist the urge to provoke Fourth, Gemini leaned back in his chair and called out. Hey , Fourth! Found any exciting tales of ancient civilizations in that tomb of a book ?

Fourth looked up, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips despite himself. More exciting than your magazine, that's for sure. At least I'm learning something useful.

Gemini chuckled, leaning forward with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Useful ? Who needs useful when you can have the latest gossip and fashion trends ?

Fourth rolled his eyes good-naturedly. Fashion trends ? I think I'll stick with studying about the ancient law and order system.

Gemini smirked, enjoying their banter more than he cared to admit. Suit yourself, bookworm. Just don't get lost in those ancient scrolls. Wouldn't want you to forget the modern world exists.

Fourth chuckled softly, shaking his head. Trust me, I'm well aware of the modern world . Unlike some people who seem to revel in their ignorance.

Gemini raised an eyebrow playfully. Ignorance is bliss, my friend. You should try it sometime.

They exchanged a knowing look, a flicker of camaraderie passing between them before Gemini leaned back in his chair, feigning disinterest once more.

But beneath his nonchalant facade, a warmth spread through Gemini—a growing fondness for Fourth that he wasn't quite ready to acknowledge.

Throughout the afternoon, they continued their playful banter, each comment and retort revealing more about their personalities and forming an unspoken bond between them.

Despite Gemini's outward sass and wit, his interactions with Fourth began to reveal a softer side—a genuine appreciation for Fourth's intelligence, dedication, and unwavering kindness.

As the library emptied out Gemini gathered his things to leave, throwing a casual remark over his shoulder. Well, bookworm, enjoy your bedtime stories , I will leave as I am bored out of my wits.

Fourth chuckled softly, closing his textbook with a sense of contentment. No one invited you here at the first place.

Gemini grinned, a rare warmth in his eyes as he waved goodbye and headed for the exit. See you around, Fourth.