▪︎27▪︎

In the quiet solitude of his father's study, Gemini stood with an air of restrained composure, his hands clasped behind his back as he faced Jiro , the formidable patriarch of the Titicharoenrak mafia family

The room was adorned with traditional Thai art and artifacts, reflecting the family's heritage and legacy of power.

Jiro sat behind his ornate desk, his expression inscrutable as he studied his son with a penetrating gaze.

The silence stretched between them, thick with unspoken expectations and the weight of familial duty.

Finally, Jiro broke the silence, his voice low and measured.

Gemini. He began, his tone carrying a rare blend of authority and concern. We need to talk about your recent behavior.

Gemini met his father's gaze squarely, his own eyes betraying a hint of defiance tempered by respect.

He had anticipated this conversation ever since Kaito's report reached his father's ears.

What about my behavior, Father ? Gemini asked, his voice calm yet tinged with a hint of challenge. He was not one to easily bend to expectations, even those of his father.

Jiro leaned forward slightly, steepling his fingers in front of him as he chose his words carefully. You've been absent from our business dealings, Gemini. Your focus has faltered, and your responsibilities have been neglected.

Gemini remained silent, his jaw set in a firm line.

He knew he couldn't hide the truth from his father, nor did he intend to.

The relationship he had formed with Fourth had shifted his priorities in ways he hadn't anticipated.

I've heard about Fourth. Jiro continued, his voice carrying a mix of disappointment and warning. He's an outsider, Gemini. Getting involved with him compromises our family's standing and exposes us to unnecessary risks.

Gemini's resolve hardened at his father's words. He's not just 'an outsider, Father. He countered, his tone firm but respectful. Fourth is someone I care deeply about.

Jiro's expression darkened slightly, his patience wearing thin.

Your personal feelings cannot come before the family's interests. He reminded Gemini sharply. You are the heir to the our family legacy. That comes with responsibilities you cannot afford to neglect.

Gemini took a step forward, his voice tinged with frustration. I understand my responsibilities, Father. He insisted. But I won't apologize for finding happiness outside of our world.

Jiro's eyes narrowed, his voice dropping to a dangerous whisper. Happiness is a luxury, Gemini. Our world demands sacrifices, and your choices have consequences.