Episode 1: The flaw of beauty

People say I'm a strange person.

Well, it's not exactly a lie.

How normal can someone be who has no family, is humiliated every day, and is devoid of emotions? I can't enjoy anything in life.

Anyway, let's start from the beginning, from the day everything began...

Back then, I was just born. My mother had postpartum depression and got worse every day. Two weeks after my birth, my mother inexplicably began to hate me. This hatred grew so much that it started to harm my body. My father wasn't around.

Or so I was told.

In the end, the neighbor across the street noticed us. Long story short, they arrested my mother. And they took me to an orphanage.

I remember those days. They were bad times. No one talked to me, which didn't really bother me, but they bullied me, taking advantage of my silence.

Looking back now, I had nothing but a pitiful childhood. As I grew, the bullying grew too. My only concern was to turn 18 and escape from there, but looking at where I am now, that doesn't seem very likely.

I was falling. And with each passing second, I was falling faster. Really... Is this how I'm going to die? I laughed at my pathetic state. I guess I was useful for at least one thing before I died.

But I'm not sorry. At least I feel at peace. Anyway, let me tell you how I ended up here while I'm falling.

I liked to go for walks late at night. It was also exercise for me. I went out again that day, until I saw a bloody hairband fall in front of me while I was walking by the 52nd floor. For those who don't know, I live in Mersin.

When I looked up, I barely made out two figures. Not exactly sure what was happening, I immediately went inside and took the elevator. I looked at the top floor and waited for the elevator to go up... When the elevator stopped, I quickly got out and opened the door to the roof.

The scene before me was not pleasant. A man in his forties was trying to push a young girl off the roof. I immediately went to them and grabbed the man's arms. I managed to save the girl, though it was difficult. The girl ran away, putting some distance between us.

As the man tried to break free from me, I was trying to hold him. After a while of struggling, I heard the girl scream.

"LOOK OUT!"

Then a feeling of emptiness. I realized it then. We had fallen. And there was no escape from this. No one falling from this height could survive. It was impossible.

I pushed the man away. If I'm going to die, I might as well enjoy the air, right? I have the right too.

As I fell, it felt as if time had slowed down. My eyes drifted to the moon. There were no clouds in the sky, and the full moon's light illuminated the entire city. It was a beautiful sight. If I had time, I would have watched it for hours. But unfortunately, every beautiful thing has a flaw. The flaw in this beautiful scene was my death.

This view reminded me of an anime movie I watched for no reason. Jujutsu Kaisen 0. I started watching anime with this movie. I became addicted, and luckily, I watched this movie again just this morning.

I smiled. It was a bit of a jealous smile. Before dying, I too wanted to be loved like Rika loved Yuta. Watching them had made me feel wonderful. Then I found myself wondering, "How would I feel?"

Then I laughed at the absurdity of my thought and shook my head. "Why would anyone love me?" It's impossible for someone as strange as me to be loved. Life taught me that. Would I have gone through all this if I were loved? Would I have ended up in an orphanage?

Anyway... It's pointless to think about such silly things before dying. My eyes drifted down, and I realized I was about to hit the ground. As I fell, I whispered.

"I'm sorry, Abel. And I wish... I wish I could be with them."

Then I hit the ground. I felt the pain, even if just for a second. And then, darkness.

____________________________

I know the chapter is quite short. I thought of it as a preview.

I hope you like it.