Episode 9: Preparations for War

Hi ♡

Here's a second episode (Holiday gift)

Please don't forget to vote and comment (Let it be a holiday gift for me too)

From Yami

We had gathered to discuss the events of the morning. All the teachers and high-ranking sorcerers were present.

As everyone sat silently, Ijichi was explaining everything he knew about Geto.

"Geto Suguru. A special-grade curse user who manipulates cursed spirits. He can interfere with naturally occurring independent curses. It seems he has formed a religious group to collect curses from his followers. Considering the recent decline in curse reports, it might not be a bluff that he possesses two thousand curses."

"Only two thousand?"

I must have said my thought out loud because everyone turned to me. I fixed my gaze on my feet. I should watch my mouth. After a while, they returned to the topic.

"Even if that's the case, statistically most of them are second-grade or lower. At best, he wouldn't have more than fifty special-grade curses."

Gojo, who was standing next to me, responded to Yaga's statement.

"Actually, that's the scariest part. It's hard to believe he would start a battle he couldn't win."

Hearing Gojo's words, Yaga growled in frustration.

"Damn it!"

Bored, I decided to join the conversation. Stirring things up a bit wouldn't hurt. I leaned my head on Gojo's shoulder and crossed my hands over my chest.

"Actually, this move of his is a bit suspicious."

As I spoke, everyone fell silent and looked at me.

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it, why did Geto choose these two places to fight? Shinjuku and Kyoto. Is it really because they are favored by curses? Or because they are suitable for battle?"

Everyone was listening to me quietly. It wouldn't hurt to give them a hint.

"If you notice, these two places are quite far from the Jujutsu High. When we all go to battle, this place will be left defenseless with just a few students. And I don't think Geto would miss this opportunity."

When I finished speaking, I lifted my head from Gojo's shoulder and returned to my previous position. I think that's enough hints. If they don't get it, what can I do?

"So, what do you suggest we do?"

I frowned at Yaga's irritated tone. He was too emotional. It was as if I was the one at fault.

"Simple. You all go to fight. I will stay here and protect this place."

"What can a brat like you do?"

I frowned and looked at him. Was he talking like this because he wasn't there, or was he pretending to be stupid to test me? Either way, it irritated me. Just as I was about to respond, Gojo spoke before I could.

"Watch your boundaries, Yaga. Almost everyone here has seen Yami's power. And I've personally witnessed it. His power surpasses even mine."

Everyone looked at Gojo in astonishment. No one expected such a statement from him. The fact that he was taking the side of someone he had just met against someone he had known for years made them even more curious. And someone stronger than Gojo? Who was this kid, for heaven's sake?

Leading them, Mei Mei smiled and asked Gojo.

"Hmm, Gojo. Why don't you introduce this child to us? You seem very protective of him. This is unusual."