Episode 10: The Beginning of the End

Note: Friends, many of the readers are ghosts. And the situation makes me very uncomfortable. I feel like my effort is being disregarded. Please don't do this.)

Have a nice read ♡

"Exactly 7040 words"

Divine Perspective

Hundreds of curses were being eradicated by jujutsu sorcerers on the streets of Kyoto.

All sorcerers were tirelessly striving to neutralize the curses. Takuma was one of them. He looked joyfully at the Grade 2 curse he had just killed with his cursed needle.

"Why is Nanami-san in Kyoto? Surely he'll be more impressed with me!"

His cheerful demeanor was cut short by Kusakabe.

"Shut up! Stop boasting and fight! There's more coming!"

After splitting the curse in front of him with his sword, Kusakabe advanced towards another curse. Takuma, looking back at him, murmured with a sad and indifferent expression.

"Ugh, that was really harsh."

Then he continued his work where he left off. Meanwhile, Mei Mei was also killing curses with all her might. From an outsider's perspective, she didn't seem to struggle at all. It was as if she did this every day, as if it were part of her daily routine.

Many who saw her couldn't help but admire her. After all, she stood out among sorcerers in terms of both power and beauty.

As she landed on the ground after killing the last curse in front of her with her axe, she spoke with a happy expression.

"This makes fifty. I've reached the required number for the commission, now I just need to work a bit more to secure the full bonus."

He continued to exterminate curses where he left off.

Elsewhere, he gazed at the scene before Ijichi. Many of his colleagues were hanging from buildings with ropes around their necks.

He didn't believe two girls could have done this, but what they saw was compelling evidence. He turned to the girls and asked,

"How old are you two?"

Nanako answered this question.

"Fifteen."

"You're still children. It's not too late to turn back. Don't you know what's right and wrong?"

He tried, albeit remotely, to pull them to his side. But of course, it didn't work. Nanako raised her phone into the air and spoke,

"You're annoying. Mimiko, doesn't he make you mad?"

"Should we hang him, Nanako?"

Nanako began to speak as she looked at Ijichi. Shouldn't she be aware of some truths? She couldn't allow anyone to stand in their way.