the beginning of courtship

When Gemini saw Fourth he knew he had to take his chance. He had spoken to his parents in regards to his intentions to court Fourth. His brothers didn't understand the need to let their parents know but he explained that he wasn't just going to ask Fourth to date him but to court him with the intention to mate with him and bond with him.

It was after class when Gemini spotted Fourth, the mild scent of overripe strawberries and cream cake. The way his body seemed to gravitated towards his direction. He wasn't planning on approaching Fourth just yet. His father had explained that traditionally in order to court an omega. The alpha would have to approach the omegas family and ask for permission.

His father told Gemini that he had set up an appointment with Fourth's family a week from now. They will have to prepare courting gifts for the family as well, apparently it's done to show that the alpha can be able to provide for the Omega and their pups in the future.

His father had told him in some instances that some families would perform what is called a mating run, where the Alpha would have to chase after their desired omega throughout a forest and eventually mate with them if they were successful in catching them. It was when they would all be in their most primitive state. It was outlawed because it had underlying non-concentual elements to it.

The other ritual was to have an alpha fight against the alphas and dominant betas of the Omega family in order to win their hand in marriage. Although this was not outlawed, a lot of people stopped practicing this particular ritual as they saw it as barbaric and uncivilized.

The one ritual that seemed to still be in practice today, although not practiced by many people today as people these days mostly chose to date and go with the flow was courting. Usually courting was practiced by upper class families, mostly because they usually arranged marriages for their kids. Gemini's parents had preferred that their kids marry for love instead of status and power so they never expected to have anyone of their kids court anyone.

Now even Gemini had never expected that he would be courting anyone. Out of all the people he had dated, betas, omegas and some female Alphas he had never had the desire to bond with them. Never had that desire to want to marry them or start a family with them. Sure he liked them that's why he dated them but that was just that. There wasn't sparks, desire or anything grand like that. That was until Fourth happened.

So when he saw the omega in what seemed the softest baby blue sweater and light blue jeans, he couldn't help but gravitate towards him. He had a couple of documents, something to do with the schedule of the upcoming soccer matches and practices in his hands. So he pretended that those documents where something his older brother said to pass to Satang. He hoped that Satang would play along and not make him look like an idiot.

He could see the slight confusion in Satang's eyes when he handed him the documents but the beta was a champ and played along very nicely. Fourth had not looked his direction. In fact it seemed like the omega was purposely avoiding looking at him. So Gemini did what always worked and pulled up his trump card.

He invited Fourth out for coffee to apologise which was partly true. He gave him his most charming smile and the puppy eyes that always worked on his parents and older brother, Joong. Satang and Ford also played an instrumental role in getting Fourth to agree. He made a mental note to treat them to a meal.

When Fourth agreed, Gemini was ecstatic if he had a tail it would be wagging with how happy he was. He decided to take Fourth to the Paris themed café near their university. It was quiet, always played ballad like music and sometimes they had live band playing. They sold the most amazing cakes and pastries, always fresh and delicious. They had the best locally brewed tea and coffee and their exported coffee was one of great quality.