Order in the Court

"Gilly?" I asked incredulously, "What are you doing here?" A smile played on her lips.

"Nice to see you too little brother," She said, looking amused. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious," I told her, "Why are you here?" She looked around her.

"Well, I'm not the only one here right now, and because I was already at Royal Manor when they decided to come here," She explained. I bit back the urge to tease her about how she was holding Jax's hand.

I turned to Aria to find her with her eyes widened, staring at the princess in the middle of the crowd.

"Ella?" She whispered. 

"Hi Aria," She smiled, then looked at Aria's 'mom' with disgust, "Hello Renee. It seems I chose the wrong person to take care of Aria, didn't I?" Renee looked terrified.

"E-Ella," She stuttered, "Nice to see-"

"Princess Ella to you," Ella frowned, "I'm not quite sure why you've decided to press charges against a princess, but we all make mistakes, I suppose. Now, I'll be taking Aria and Felix to Royal Manor, and you will be punished for treason."

"Please, Princess, I didn't mean it! Don't do this to me!" Renee begged, "It's not treason, you have to understand that Aria killed my son!" Ella studied her.

"Unless he isn't dead," She murmured, turning to the other princesses. A few minutes later, they turned back to us.

"The body, was there any physical harm to it?" Snow asked, her voice gentle as always.

"N-no but-"

"And was there a pulse?" Rose interrupted her.

"I didn't check," Renee mumbled. Aria reeled on her mom.

"I'm sorry, so you're telling me that he could've been sleeping?!?" She yelled, "Are you kidding me? What, are you stupid?" Renee glared at her.

"That is no way to speak to your mother," She snapped.

"Um, you're not my mom," Aria scoffed, "You don't even act like you are. I think Felix has cared for me more in the past few weeks than you have the past few years. So don't even. Just don't." Ella looked proud of Aria for saying all of that. Meanwhile, I was blushing my head off.

Aria turned to me, taking my hand and saying, "Let's get outta here." And so we left a gawking audience and kind man who acted like a father and a terrible woman who acted nothing like a mother and a really confused judge and jury.

"I was serious about what I said," Aria whispered, as we were walking out. "You've helped me a lot, Fee, I could never thank you enough." I nudged her with my shoulder.

"I don't need any thanks," I told her, "You being my best friend is enough." She gave me an adorable smile, and I said a silent thanks for having the greatest person ever as my maybe more than a best friend.

We walked to a large car, big enough to fit everyone. The princesses sat in the second row, and Jax, Gilly, Aria, and I sat in the very back. Gilly wiggled her eyebrows at me when Aria leaned her head on my shoulder, and in return, I nodded towards her and Jax's intertwined fingers.

"Touché," She mumbled, smiling. Jax turned to her.

"What?" He asked her. She shook her head.

"Nothing," She responded

"Alright then," Jax said, kissing the top her of head, before going back to looking out the window. Aria and I looked at each other, jaw slacked.

"Y-you're dating!" I practically screamed. Both Gilly and Jax blushed profusely, before Gilly gave a slight head nod. I leaned back in my seat, processing.

"Trixie's gonna scream," I noted, "She ships you guys more than Ollie does." Jax grinned.

"No way. That's not possible," He told me.

"It think she drew a picture of you and Gilly holding hands," I informed him. He blushed again.

"Wait a minute," Gilly interrupted, "When have you met Ollie?" I turned to her.

"One time when I was walking around the village, I bumped into Ollie, and I think we talked about you guys for a full hour straight," I said, grinning even wider when both of them blushed. Again.

"You're gonna blush your head off, Jaxon," Aria teased. Jax narrowed his eyes at her.

"Well then maybe you and your boyfriend can stop talking for a bit," He retorted. Aria didn't flinch at all.

"He's not my boyfriend," She replied simply, though I could've sworn she added a, "yet" under her breath. All of a sudden, her eyes widened.

"What is it Snowflake?" I asked her.

"Oh my goblins," She mumbled, "If- if Renee never checked the pulse, that means we could've buried Will alive."

Kinda short, but like i needed to update so um here it is!