Chapter Fifteen

i knew what he was doing before he did it, louis really didn't want me to call his friends and mum. he just didn't want me to watch him die, but i heard him. he coughed blood all over the floor and i heard him breathing like a fish without gills. i hear him take his last breath. i collapsed on the floor not caring who was watching me as nurses ran in to try to save him.
"are you his girlfriend?" a nuse asks after theres silance
"you don't have to tell me, i heard." i look up at her tears soaking my shirt.
"I'm sorry for your loss."
me too.

i did in fact call his friends and mom who all of which broke down in tears. Niall said he was taking a plane that night to be with me, he didn't even know me, but he was willing to come be with me. louis' mom would be here in two days with everyone else arriving at different times that Tuesday. he will be burried thursday.
"hey." Niall appears in louis' bedroom where i laid all day.
"hi." there's sorrow in my voice. the bed sinks where his sits.
"do you want me to make you a cup of tea?" he asks me.
i turn to look at him. louis was right he's very attractive, of course not better than my louis, but he has blue eyes like he did. he had a personality that clicked with mine with in five minutes of meeting him. I'm not saying I'm already moving forward, I'm just saying he's a good friend to bring comfort.

"i would like that." i sit up and get out of bed to follow him.
"i don't want to bring it up, but have you finished louis' eulogy? he wanted you to be the only one to read at his funeral tomorrow." he takes two cups setting them on the counter, and puts a pot of water on the stove.
"yeah, it has to be the hardest thing i have ever done in my life."
"i can understand that. I'm gald he found a good girl to love him before he died, and i never pictured him to have been married before me." he laughs hinting to my ring.
"he asked me just before he passed away."
he looks at me wanting to say something, but finds nothing tucking my messy hair behind my ear. i close my eyes his fingertips feel cold i open my eyes seeing louis. i blink again and hes gone. i lose it.

"i want to be with him!" i don't remember grabbing the knife off the counter, but i hear it clank against the wooden floor as Niall throws it away from me.
"this isn't what you promised him." he whispers in my ear stroking my hair rocking me back and fourth. "he wants you to let him go so he can go where pain doesnt exsist, lucy let him go with love."
i stop resisting him. the only sound is the steam of water coming from the tea pot.