Chapter Ten

a few days later louis carries me to his apartment after impressing me with his driving skills. i no longer wonder why his skin was cold...i knew it was because he was dying on the inside. i no longer wondered why he was talking about death so much...he was becoming it and was preparing me not to cry when that day came because he would not have to deal the pain of his nerves trying to warm a body that made friends with zomibes or trying to pick up things his hands would drop as if they were opposite poles in magnites. i loved him. i didn't care if i had to spend mornings rubbing his back as he threw up from his medicine that tried to reduce the cancer cells. he was mine to take care of hes choosing to speand his last days with me over his own mother. i knew he loved me too.

"baby you don't have to carry me, my legs are fine."
"i know they are i can see that they are two fine beautiful legs, but you are not using them yet." he kisses my head as i reach into his pocket to get his key and open his door. "but i need to shower." i aruge with him "then i will lay you in the tub."
"you are not seeing me naked." i say stern. i wouldn't even let him help me get dressed at the hospital in fear he was going to see me naked. "I'm going to eventually you know..."
"not today."

this makes him sigh. he wants to help me evey way he can, but somethings a girl has to do on her own. "be very careful and if you are standing in the shower so help me lucy..." he rises his eyebrows at me like my dad would when i was in trouble. i stand on my tingly feet in his bathroom nodding my head at him. "yes, baby i will be careful." i didn't agree to the other thing, but he leaves me to strip out of my clothes. once I'm exposed i walk over to the door locking it. "unlock it just in case..." i hear his voice from his room assuming the door is open and hes reading the new issue of a space magizene. the image of him laying on his elbow and his hair tossed about carelessly as it usually is, makes me bite my lip. i snap out of the daze and do as he asked. i stand in the shower ignoring that request from him.

my legs are tingly from lack of use and the sharp pains from where burises are that are almost a brown now. as i was rinsing out the conditioner from my hair i collapse falling on to the belly of the tub. let out a scream through my teeth the exrusitating pain throbs through the nerves in my legs. i hear the squeaks of louis's bed knowing hes coming and hes going to be upset. i ignore the pain bringing my knees to my chest trying to hide myself when he rushes up to the side of the tub. "baby i told you not to stand." he grazes the side of my face to swipe away wet pieces of hair that stuck to my face. "I'm sorry i wanted to independant and prove to myself i could do it." i whisper keeping my eyes to the falling water. "you need to stop trying to prove things to yourself. i only get one of you and i want to keep you." i watch the water start to flow from the faucet instead of the showerhead and louis pulgs the tub. i look at him confused. "what are you doing?" i watch him take off his shirt reviling more beautiful art sinked perminatly into his skin. "I'm taking care of you and if that means i have to take a bath with you then so be it." He unzips his pants and pushes them down to ankles kicking them off once they're, there he reaches for his boxers. "stop!" i say covering my eyes making sure my elbows still cover my breast as i was completely engulfed by his almost naked greek god body.

"darling you have to trust me to wash you and to see you naked...I'm your boyfriend and we love each other. you know I'm not going to try anything unless you asked me to." i hate it when he's right. i remove my hands from my eyes looking up at him. "thats my girl...I'm going to take off my boxers now..." he does as he promises letting them fall and kicking them next to his pants. i cant help but to let my eyes wonder to his newly nakedness...i liked what my eyes found...i liked it a lot. "what are you thinking?" he turns off the water looking at my wide eyes. "you're very...large." i whisper flushed with need and emarassment. i let my legs side slowly into the warm water and my arms the same. there's a smile on his face. he's going to laugh at my small boobs or wide hips. "why would you think i would hate your beautiful body? i want to pin you aginast my wall, you're a work of art."

"oh louis..." i look away from him with a smile. he picks me up out of the water effortlessly and lays me back against him. i knew he was just as turned on as i was, his hard on pressed against my lower back as he holds me aginast him. "this is nice." he picks up a washcloth and drains the warm water onto my body. i watch each little drop of water chase after one another back into the tub. "i told you it wouldnt be so bad." his breath warmed my ear resulting me to put my head back against his shoulder.
louis scrubs my body and rinses the rest of what was left of the conditoner out of my hair. "there now lets get you into my warm bed." he picks me up sitting me down on the lid of the toilet. he pulls a black robe off the back of the door wrapping the fuzzy cloth around my shoulders and ties it shut before I'm in his arms again. i up look at him as he lays me in his bed my arms not wanting to let go of him. "I'm coming right back."
"stay...I'm ready."
"ready?" he looks at me confused letting the words wiggle throrugh his skull until it hits his brain, i see his eyes widen and his eyebrows raise. "oh, you mean...you're ready to make love together?"
"yes, we have had more than four dates and it feels right...you feel right." i let him go and untie the robe letting it fall back with the help of gravity. "take me to the stars louis."