Chapter 16

At Orchardville.

"Struggle." Zor said. "Wriggle." he said. "Writhe and cry." he said. "You can't escape." he said. "You'll soon be mine."

Whisper was on a tree getting her gun ready with the Whisps close by.

"You're Silver, right? I Spend a lot of time online, browsing the Eggnet." Zor said. "You're really from the future, huh? How far ahead?"

"Nngh! I dunno-- a couple of hundred years or so?" Silver said.

"And you said our devastation is still felt that far in the future?" Zor said. "The bleakness! The misery of it all! I can hardly stand it!"

"You're seriously messed up! How can you be this way?!"

"Tch. How can you be so disgustingly heroic and selfless?"

"Because i have faith in others. I believe things will get better." Silver said. "And because I've got a guardian angel watching over me!" he said and Whisper used her gun and the Whisps causing the Emerald to fall out of Zor and Silver used his powers to catch it.

"Nooo!" Zor said. "Y-you can't leave me like this! Y-you're supposed to be heroes!" Zor said. "I'M trapped! Powerless! This is inhumane! It's... It's...." he said and fell. "...Perfect!"

At Riverside.

"Ha ha ha!" Zazz said. "Look at him run!" he said while Espio ran. "Box him in! Ha ha ha!" he said while Espio threw his weapon at the Zombots. "That's not fair!" he said. "Bring him down!" he said. "Heh heh heh!" he said. "What?!" He said and noticed Espio was gone. "Awww—you're not trying that invisibility trick again, are you?! Lame!" he said. "Get out here and fight me like a man!" he said while Espio was behind him invisible and kicked him in the back by Espio. "Nyyah!" he said and was punched then stepped on the head and Espio was on his knees behind him and visible. "Heh. Not bad. But Zavok's done way worse." he said. "Ready for round two?" he asked and Espio got ready.

"No need. I've already won." Espio said and disappeared.

"You coward! Get back here! I'll show you the real power of—" Zazz said and noticed a letter. "— The Chaos Emeralds?" he said and opened the letter.

Justice is Served.

Chaotix Detective Agency

Then he yelled.

Meanwhile Espio was looking at the Emerald.

"I may have been the only one here in body..." he said as a warp opened and saw Vector and Charmy throughout the Emerald. "... But you were here in spirit."

At Winterburg.

"Let!" Jet said. "Them!" he said. "Go!"

"Brash, young fool. Only now do you beging to understand the consequences of threatening your elders." Zik said.

"Jet, before it's too late..." Wave said. "...I told you a frontal assault was a bad idea!"

"Boss! What're we gonna do?! I can't punch these guys, and that's all I know how to do!" Storm said.

"Wave... Storm..." Jet said.

"Hm-hm-hm! You're a poor leader, child." Zik said. "You don't sacrifice your own unless it will gain you the advantage." he said. "Now all i need to do is utter a single command, and you've lost everything." he said. "Humor an old man and beg for mercy? It's been so long since I've crushed the enemy under my own heel." he said and Jet glared at him

"We're The Babylon Rogues." Jet said. "We don't beg. We don't give up." he said and aimed at Zik. "And we don't lose!" he said and Storm punched Zik and Wave got the Emerald from her wrench.

"That wasn't tactical! There was no skill! You brats got lucky! Lucky i tell you!" Zik said.

"Here! Take the Emerald and go!" Wave said and handed Jet the Emerald.

"What are you talking about? Let's just get out of here!" Jet said.

"My Extreme Gear got lost to the Zombots! Storm's almost smashed his to pieces!" she said. "You have the only working airboard! So go!" She said and he looked at the Emerald.

"What are you—?!" Storm asked while Jet tied the Emerald to his Gear and threw his gear through the warp topaz.

"Didn't you hear me tell the geezer? The Babylon Rogues Don't lose. That means all of us." Jet said. "Sonic will get the Emerald and do her hero-thing. until then, let's show these Zombots a real challenge!"

At Angel Island everyone else appeared through the warp topaz.

"Hmph. Looks like tues abnen make it." Eggman said.

"Cream? Where is Cream?! Where..." Amy said. "...Oh no." she said while Sonic held the red Chaos Emerald.

"Gemerl's with her. She... She'll be alright. Because we're going to make things right." Sonic said.

"Two more Emeralds and you can become Super Sonic and save us all." Silver said.

"I've been thinking about that. Listen..." she said and looked at him. "...In the future, everything is infected. That means all this happened already— and we failed." she said. "But you came back in time—you made it different. If we're going to change the future, we need to use the one thing that wasn't there before." she said. "I need your help to pull this off, Silver."

"Just tell me what you want me to do."

"It's the Faceship! Zavok's found us!" Tails said.

"You catch on fast." Eggman said looking at his wrist. "Rouge! We're out of time! Whatever you plan to do- do it!"

"Can you see them from your hiding spot, Sonic?" Zavok said. "The faces of all the friends you've failed?" he said as Zombots headed to Angle Island.

Inside the ship.

"Angel Island." Zack said. "It looks smaller than lost hex, but no less beautiful." he said. "I cannot wait to bathe it in Metal Virus." he said and noticed the lights. "What in blazes...?"

"Goodness! Does this one Emerald power the whole ship?" Rouge said holding the Emerald. "I had wanted to do this more elegantly, but I suppose brute force works for a brute like you." she said. "Tuck and roll boys!" She said and flew away.

"I can't believe this was our best option!" Orbot said.

"Desperate times call for desperate desperateness!" Cubot said.

"No!" Zavok yelled as Rouge flew away.

At Angle Island.

"Alas! There goes my best effort to date." Eggman said.

"I'm just glad the Zombots can survive that kind of damage. Sheesh." Sonic said and Rouge came flying by.

"You did know the Zombots could survive the Faceship crashing on them right?"

"Of course! I do my research." Rouge said. "You're welcome by the way."

"What about the one Zavok had?"

"Once the fires are out, we'll dig it out of whatever's left down there." Rouge said. "He's not going anywhere."

"Actually he's coming right for us!" Eggman said and they looked to see Zavok aiming at Angle Island.

"Did he just spit on my island?!" Knuckles asked.

"Tails! Rouge! I need air support!" Sonic said. "Silver! Bring the Emeralds! We've gotta--!" she, tossed Silver the Emerald and Zavok threw multiple Zombots at the island. "We've... Gotta..." she said and they saw Shadow, Charmy, Vector, Cheese, Charcoal and more.