Chapter 18

"Sonic! We did it! The Metal Virus is gone from the world!" Super Silver said.

"G-g-great! N-n-now t-t-to d-d-ditch th-th-the w-w-warp t-t-topaz...!" Super Sonic said.

SHA-KOOM!

"Silver!" Tails and Amy said.

"Are you alright? Is it over? What happened?!" Amy asked as Tails and Knuckles helped Silver up.

"It's... It's over we pulled away every bit of Metal Virus and destroyed it." Silver said. "But... dr. Starline was right. The warp topaz couldn't handle all that power." he said. "Sonic tried to ditch it in the super warp portal, but..." he said and Amy covered her mouth.

"... Oh, no."

"Tch! She's just being dramatic. She'll come floating down, all golden and smug, any minute now." Knuckles said with his arms crossed. "Aaaany minute now."

"Is there a way we could, search for her?" Amy said.

"She was at the center of Chaos Emerald-Fueled warp topaz distortions. I wouldn't know where to begin." Tails said.

"Darn it, Sonic! You're making me look bad! Knock it off and come back!" Knuckles said while Eggman ran into a shuttle.

""Oh, boo-hoo! Our hero made the ultimate sacrifice!"" Eggman said. "Please. It's like I'm the only one who really knows that insufferable blue nuisance." he said. "Still, while they're all busy wringing their hands over Sonic, I'll make my tactical retreat." he said. "Good thing I took special care to repurpose only non-essential parts of the shuttle for that portal device!"

Meanwhile Vanilla had Cream on her hip.

"Mother... i didn't see Ms. Sonic return to Angel Island." Cream said.

"Well... it was a very bright flash. Perhaps we just missed her?" Vanilla said. "Gemerl, i know you've had a very busy day, but would you mind looking for... Gemerl? What's wrong?"

"Oh, no! Mother— lookout! It's--!"

"Me!" Zakov said.

"Stop it! All your mean friends were beaten! The bad times are over! Just go home!"

"No." he said. "I will not suffer humiliation from Sonic again! I will never accept defeat!" he said. "I have lost the Metal Virus and the Zombot horde." he said. "I have lost the power of the Chaos Emerald..." he said. "...So I will tear this world asunder with my bare hands!"

"No! Ms. Sonic will come back and stop you!"

"Then you won't be here to welcome her return! Any last words, whelp?"

"Yes. Sir." she said. "Cheese! Get him!" she said and Cheese hit him in the head.

"You dare?!"

"Yeah, we do!" Tangle said with her tails wrapped around him.

"Alright, boys..." Vector said. "...Let's take him down!" he said and they got to work.

"I. Will. Not. Fail!"

"Then you'll be crushed!" Silver said and used his powers.

"I... will... have... my... revenge... on... you... all..."

Then Amy sighed.

"The final crisis averted..." she said.

"You say that, but..." Tails said.

"Any!" Knuckles said. "Second!" he said. "Now!"

"Tails... please. We just prevented the end of the world and Sonic may be lost to us. I don't know how much more I can take." Amy said.