Chapter 19

Imperial palace of the Sol Empire. Blaze the cat's world and dimension.

"The Sonic The Hedgehog I know was a hero, a paragon." Blaze said and took sip of her tea. "She was as swift and free as the wind. She had no master, but fought for anyone and everyone." she said. "There was no challenge too great, no threat too dire that she wouldn't face without swagger and a smile."

"She sounds very impressive. I'd like to meet her one day." Sonic said and Blaze put a hand on her forehead.

"I... Who do you think you are?"

"I'm afraid i haven't the foggiest, your highness." Sonic said. "I met the most precocious little girl, though, who dubbed me "Ms. Needle-Mouse."" she said. "I like the sound of that."

"You've had some time to rest and think. Do you recall anything?" Blaze said felling fire come out of her hand.

"Nothing concrete. All my memories seem... warped." Sonic said. "I dream of sea and sky. Of golden fire and a sense of... Falling." she said. "And that's all!" she said and took a sip of her tea.

'What in the world did this to you, Sonic?' Blaze thought. 'And what's happening on your world now?'

At Restoration HQ.

"I can't do this..." Amy said. "...I'm no leader! I helped administrate the resistance because everyone needed to pitch in!" she said and thought about her chasing Sonic. "I only took over the restoration because there was nobody else and the work had to be done!" she said and held her head. "What I wouldn't give to go back to the days when it was just me and Sonic racing from one adventure to the next..." she said "...Sonic.." she said. "...She gave everything to save us from the Metal Virus. She never gave up--so neither should I." she said and took a piece of paper. "But I wish I had some help..."

"Hello? Miss Rose? Am i in the right place?" Jewel said.

"Please, call me Amy. And you are?"

"Jewel, carater of Spiral Hill's Mineral Museum. I'm a friend of Tangle's."

"Ah-- okay! She's mentioned you. What can i do for you?"

"The other way around, actually. She told me how you weren't enjoying the rigors of running things--and that was before the plague." Jewel said. "I enjoy cataloging and organizing. I see this room and feel excited at the idea of bringing it all to order." she said a little red. "SO if you like, I'm offering to take over administration of the Restoration and give you a break." she said and Amy fell to her knees in relief.

"Thank you."

"O-oh my. I didn't realize you were so... strained."

"You're a lifesaver, Jewel!" Amy said and took Jewel's shoulder. "But unlike an echidna i know. I'll make sure you're up to speed before stepping down."

"I'd appreciate that. What are our primary goals?"

"Organizing supplies for rebuilding..." Amy said. "... And finding people displaced by their time as Zombots."

Meanwhile Tangle and Tails were at Echo Mine.

"No way out." Rough said.

"Bellies starting to grumble." Tumble said.

"Looks like this is the end for Rough & Tumble!" they said together.

"Gah! Cave spider!" Rough said.

"You guys okay?" Tangle asked and dropped her tail. "Grab my tail! I'll help haul you out!"

"Woo-hoo! We're saved!"