8

I can only imagine how stupid I feel knowing Brayan is in my house. the fact that my parents invite him over.

"hey Brayan can I talk to you for a moment?" I walked him the the end of the doorway to my house.

"look I don't want you to think this is us being friends because we aren't. i mean well..."

"hunter, I get it. this is as awkward for me as it is for you. I don't wish to be rude to your parents either"

"you could have made a fucking lie, like you were sick or something!"

"yeah because lying is easy for you. I cant lie. I suck at making up excuses"

"well. here's the plan-"

"lets get this dinner over with and we pretend we don't know each other afterwards the last thing I need is for anyone to think I'm somehow associated with you!"

"kind a little too late considering you got into a fight with christian trying to protect me." that's right. I made a scene. how the fuck did I not think this through. shit.

"lets just get this dinner over with, and ill promise to leave you alone. promise" he walked past me and sat himself down. I had to go right behind him.

"is everything okay hunter?" my mother decides to ask

"yes Mrs. Tyler, he wanted to know if I finished the homework for art class, we are studding the history of the 'Venus de milo'"

"I did a whole paper of her in collage myself" my father decided to chime in

"well im sure hunter would like you to stay over and study..." fuck mom! really?

"its very kind of him. I did leave my homework stuff at home unfortunately." Brayan made a great save

"plus I need to take him home early since its getting kinda late and we both have a lot to work on" I made it clear to them that he needed to go home. they both began to talk to Brayan about everything from their job. I just ate and watched how attentive Brayan was towards my parents. even if he did not understand a singe thing, he would nod in agreement. seeing him interact with them somehow felt kinda nice.

Ok....what am I feeling because this isn't normal for me. everytime Im close to him I feel this angst. like I have this pressure in my chest.

"thank you Mr. & Mrs. Tyler, I do have to make it home to start homework. Hunter would you mind?" I was lost in thought when he had asked me for a ride home.

"anytime Brayan, your more than welcome to comer over. its good to know that hunter has a good friend he can count on. drive him home safely hunter" as we walk out the door I grab his arm and drag him towards my truck.

"what are you fucking playing at Brayan!" I could see how confused he was when I asked that question

"are you out of your mind. I literally stood up for you because you basically fucked up my NOW ex boyfriend, when it wasn't your place to do so! so you tell me Hunter! as he got closer I could feel my heart beating faster and faster. we stood there staring at each other for a moment.

"just get in the truck, I need to take you home." Brayan started to walk down the street.

"I can walk home hunter, I don't need your help." I saw him disappear in the next street ahead. I waited so he wouldn't know I was following him and good thing I did. because christian was waiting for him. that bastard. what does he want now.